So I replaced the strings on my guitar the other day but I decided to put on some 10-46 gauge strings and the ones that were on before were 09-42 so I was just wondering what I need to do with my guitar now to set it up all correctly.

For example all the stuff to do with action and intonation and stuff like that. I've heard about all this stuff but I don't know how to do it and use it correctly on my guitar.

Is there any other things I need to know?

I want to learn about all this stuff so I don't have to take it to my local guitar store every time I think something is wrong etc..

Any tips would be great

Thanks
There is alot to learn. I suggest getting this book and reading EVERYTHING in it several times and take good notes.
http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Player-Repair-Guide-Book/dp/0879309210/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280487101&sr=8-1-spell

Then I would watch the videos online by Dan and some others (Not bedroom experts sitting on their bed telling you how to do it). Then just start doing it. To know if you are doing it right, when you get finished and feel pretty good about how you did, take it to your local lutheir and let him check it. Ask him about the setup and let an expeert tell you what is right and wrong. I can't answer for all of them but most of the ones here in Nashville will explain everything to you and help you learn. (Not talking about large music store repairmen)

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
With the gauge you are changing to there might not be but just some minor adjustment. The normal adjustments are,
Bridge saddles - Radius, Intonation
Springs and claw adjustment
Truss Rod adjustment
Maybe some work on the Nut
If you haven't done it in the past, your pickup heights
In most cases when you adjust one thing you have to go back and readjust one of the others. It's a seesaw effect until it is setup. If you have a tremolo than block it until the strings are on unless your changing one at a time. (then just loosen the others while changing one)
The list can go on and on

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Quote by kezbob2k7
tremolo

so are you having problems tuning the strings, due to the trem moving when tightening and loosening the strings?
Quote by olix95
so are you having problems tuning the strings, due to the trem moving when tightening and loosening the strings?

nope.. used my Boss TU-80 tuner and its tuning perfectly fine. I think I'll end up purchasing that book it seems like a good thing to have.