So I installed it 2 weeks ago. Well I was doing some intense bends at standard tuning. Then earlier today, I broke the B string. Any suggestions on what gauge should I use? I was shocked because it was my first time to break an ernie ball string.

Any suggestions and tips?
I would first see if there was anything to cause the breakage. Where did it break? Then I would try a couple mmore sets in case it was just a weak string. If you have NEVER broken one in the past then I would think something is rubbing or putting it in a bind or a bad string.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
The back of the back should tell you what gauge each string is.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by JohnnyNash
I would first see if there was anything to cause the breakage. Where did it break? Then I would try a couple mmore sets in case it was just a weak string. If you have NEVER broken one in the past then I would think something is rubbing or putting it in a bind or a bad string.

It broke millimeters away from the bridge.
By the way this is my first time to do bends like that and first time to use .009 gauge strings.
Quote by TommyVanHalin
If you want thicker strings but still want to do high bends you should get Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms

Is that for electric guitar? I use rps
I still would try at least another set to see if maybe it was the string itself. If that one breaks then look at moving up some but don't jump with just one break. I have bought several sets of imperfect strings in the past. Sometimes that's what you get with mass produced products.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
To answer your latest question, replace them all, but the fact that it broke close to the bridge may indicate a problem with the saddle. Check the B string saddle for any imperfections or sharp spots that could be rubbing the string and making it weaker.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
To answer your latest question, replace them all, but the fact that it broke close to the bridge may indicate a problem with the saddle. Check the B string saddle for any imperfections or sharp spots that could be rubbing the string and making it weaker.

I'm using les paul. But the saddle is alright, it is perfect, no sharp spots, just plain normal. I think it is a bad string and that sting "SPOT" happens to be weak thats why it snapped easily.
Try another brand, unless your bridge has got a sharp edge and this has become a regular occurence. In all honesty different hands get on with different brands in my experience. Like one guy could use ernie balls, break them all the time then switch to d'addarios and then not have a problem. You kinda learn what gets on best with your hands with experience.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Try another brand, unless your bridge has got a sharp edge and this has become a regular occurence. In all honesty different hands get on with different brands in my experience. Like one guy could use ernie balls, break them all the time then switch to d'addarios and then not have a problem. You kinda learn what gets on best with your hands with experience.

Well I have been using ernie balls since I started using electric guitar for 2 months. And I'm used to it. Never broke any string until now. Well, gotta try d-addarios.