hey people, so yesterday i went for a drive in my driving lesson. my mom is my driving teacher so yea easy enough.
so i went for a drive and came out at a guitarshop. to be honest is was the purpose but whatever.

saw this beauty there couldnt leave her hang there.

a Charvel San Dimas style 1 2H in the slime green color. also this was the last strat shape they had.

i attached the pictures, i hope they work correctly because this is the first time i post pictures with a ngd.

the question is about a small part that came with it. i looks like some kind of block i'll add a picture of that in a post after this one. but i'll try to add it in the same thread.

now a review:

this thing is a lovely addition to my gibson les paul. snappy bright and i also like the tremolo. surprised i was by the sustain that this thing has, as i heard floyd's mess your sustain up badly but not with this baby.

this thing was perfectly build. no flaws to be contributed to the factory. the finish is perfect.

i asked the salesman to put a set of 10's on it instead of 9's sadly he put d'addario's on a brand i kind of disgust since they feel too tight to me.

the sound amplified is even better. my les paul had a JB in the bridge and a jazz in the neck and i always had to roll the volume on the JB down to get the volume of the jazz to match it better. now with this 59 i dont have to roll the volume down as it sounds much louder to me. also love the 59 better than the jazz.

the only downside is that this guitar doesn't have a tone knob but that not too big of a problem. second thing that i disgust is the dunlop straploks that came with it standard but i'll change them to schaller which i find way easier to take off and put on plus the schaller's don't rattle like mad mouse.

yesterday evening i played it at home and after 20 minutes of funning around the high e string slipped out of the bridge. after putting it bad twice it broke at the headstock. now i added a new high e string again and no troubles whatsoever. the tech must have ****ed up with locking it at the bridge.

question: the floyd reacts very fast, if i lay a finger on the bar it already lowers pitch. how do i change this to slower pitch lowering? get a spring out or add a spring? at the moment it has 3 springs in the back.

thanks alot!
Attachments:
charvel 29 jul '10 004.JPG
charvel 29 jul '10 006.JPG
Neckplate.jpg
family =D.jpg
charvel 29 jul '10 018.JPG
Last edited by wolvenrick at Jul 30, 2010,
You have those beautiful guitars and play them through a solid state Marshall....?
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
The block is a microchip. If you implant it (just screw it up to your forearm), you will automaticly gain the skills of Michael Angelo Batio.

Yeah I'm sorry I will have to disappoint you, but I was just kidding. Seriously, I don't know. I've got a vibe in the bones that it's gonna do something with the floyd.
TEAR IT DOWN - new EP out now!
Czech death/deathcore/metalcore band
Visit our profile, listen to the new stuff and download for free, if you like it! - songs here!

Visit my youtube profile for some awesome solos - Kiwara's YT
Quote by Steve Holt
You have those beautiful guitars and play them through a solid state Marshall....?

actually sounds pretty good to me, not perfect ofcourse. it's an AVT 150x and has tubes as preamp. so not real solid state, looking for small tube amp for the bedroom though nothing found yet

Yeah I'm sorry I will have to disappoint you, but I was just kidding. Seriously, I don't know. I've got a vibe in the bones that it's gonna do something with the floyd.

it sounded plausible my guess was maybe to get it blocked in some way?
Looks like its a tremelno block of some sort

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
It looks like an allen wrench holder. You can attach it to the back of the headstock.

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jul 30, 2010,