...and all other UG'ers who know London well.

Tomorrow i'll be leaving for London for 5 days.
It will be my first time there, and i'm definitely going to visit all the historic and iconic places i can.

But i have two requests. Please indicate me:

1 - Places of interest for a music fan in general to visit.
I got suggestions to visit Abbey road, Madame Tussaud's Rock Circus, and i'm definitely going to stop by the Hard Rock Cafe to eat and buy another guitar pin for my collection.
Other than that, i have no idea what are the other music-related places of interest.

2 - Where to buy used gear cheap, like effects pedals, for example.
Since here in Portugal it's hard to find interesting used gear, i'd like to take the chance to try to find some good deals on small stuff (easy to carry on the plane).
Please give me as much info as you can (name of the store/place, address, etc.) so i can locate it as easy as possible (for a foreigner ).

Any help will be appreciated!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
You'll get a lot of directions to Denmark Street, off Charing Cross Road, and they do have a wide selection there; but they tend to be expensive.
Quote by blue_strat
You'll get a lot of directions to Denmark Street, off Charing Cross Road, and they do have a wide selection there; but they tend to be expensive.

Damn, I was gonna say exactly this.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Camden market?

There are a few good record shops there if I remember correctly, but it's been like 4 years since I last went there.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Denmark street is horrible, avoid at all costs.

I'd say it's more, Denmark street is over rated, don't actually plan on buying anything there but try sstuff out to piss off the twats that run the shops.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
I'd say it's more, Denmark street is over rated, don't actually plan on buying anything there but try sstuff out to piss off the twats that run the shops.

Then, where should i go to find good deals on used stuff?
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Tbh, I don't know anywhere that sells used stuff that isn't on the internet
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Linkerman
Then, where should i go to find good deals on used stuff?

ebay.

London's a place like any other. It just has expensive guitar shops.

Enjoy your holiday, don't waste the whole time searching for something that doesn't exist.

You can trust my opinion on this because I am from London.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
ebay.

London's a place like any other. It just has expensive guitar shops.

Enjoy your holiday, don't waste the whole time searching for something that doesn't exist.

You can trust my opinion on this because I am from London.

Uxbridge isn't London

But yea she's right. We don't have shops full of used stuff. We have shops full of overpriced new stuff that isn't that good.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Rathbone place just off Oxford street has a couple of stores there. No idea what they are like thoughp
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by jambi_mantra
Uxbridge isn't London

But yea she's right. We don't have shops full of used stuff. We have shops full of overpriced new stuff that isn't that good.

Neither is Rickmansworth

Anyway I grew up in Hayes/Northolt area. Shit's zone 4, that's definitely London...
If you're interested in old vinyl records I recommend you go the the Portobello Road Markets. They had so many people selling old records it drove me insane. All I wanted was to find a CD shop, but no, they're going to sell records instead.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Neither is Rickmansworth

Anyway I grew up in Hayes/Northolt area. Shit's zone 4, that's definitely London...

Hey I never said I was from London

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
although its very overrated and going downhill a bit, denmark street is a good place to get pedals in my opinion. sure, they do ask for stupid prices but you can normally knock 40% off a pedal, except for the ones like roger mayers which are handmade or they have a personal relationship with the producer and so aren't allowed to haggle.

2nd hand stuff, gumtree.co.uk is where i'd look first.
There's a record store in Greenwhich which has some cool noise 7"s and a bunch of dance stuff, but I don't know it's name... It's opposite a market I think.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Thanks for the advice, everyone!

I'll just give up the whole idea about looking for some good deals on gear.
Now i'm going to bed... The plane leaves early tomorrow.

"London calling to the zombies of death" -- and to me, too!

EDIT: at first, i was going to load my MP3 player with a "special", London-themed playlist, but then i thought "Screw it, i'll just take some of my favourite stuff".

So, here's my playlist for the trip:

Alice In Chains - Dirt
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Dogstar - Our Little Visionary
Ihsahn - angL
Mastodon - Crack The Skye
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Pearl Jam - Backspacer
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf
RAMP - Visions
The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal
The Subways - All Or Nothing