hey there,

just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?? my jh-1 seems to cut out only when i am performing live on a stage.... a spray of electrical cleaner seems to fix but then cuts out on stage again (not during rehearsal....)

any thoughts??? (apart from a new JC wah..)
Murphy's law says it will always happen at the worst possible time, that's why it doesn't happen at rehearsal.

Sounds like you need to replace the actuator pot.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Just totally out there now (I reckon it is something wrong with the electronics but this may be a bit of advice). But are you sure it's actually cutting out? It could be when you use it you're wandering into the frequency range of another instrument? I.e when its on full the other guitarist's sound is covering it up? And that you're only noticing it live because the volume level/EQs are different.

I would never normally be so patronisng and I'm sure it's an electronics problem it's just that one guitarist whom I was mixing for once was convinced that his EQ pedal was broken because when he put it on he couldnt hear anything but all it was was the fact that he had it at a ridiculous setting where all the bass was all the way up and he'd notched out all the mid and high so when he put it on it got swallowed up by the bass guitar.

But as I say I'm sure its not that, so you'd better take it in somewhere to get it looked at.
Good point. Exactly what do you mean by cutting out? And what were you actually spraying?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification