It's amazing, but only get it if you either A) have a shitload of money to spend on an effect that won't get a ton of use or B) love ringmod more than life itself.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
It's a fairly niche effect which isn't used that often. Unless you have a disposable income don't get it(it's also massive). If you do want a ring mod tho, get a E-HX ring thing it is better(smaller, less expensive, more usable features.)
Yes I have. I still think it's a relatively niche effect.... at the end of the day it's still a ring mod. Doesn't mean I don't love it

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Its great. I think its better suited for a synth rather than guitar. If you are looking for a ringmod in general, there are some amazing ones cheaper than the MF. The MF is very versatile though and is excellent for tone sculpting as well as a standalone ring mod.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
One ring modulator to rule them all...

As has been pointed out, the range of sounds you can achieve from the Moog is remarkable, whereas a simpler, cheaper unit is more of a one-trick pony. If you don't mind the price, go with the Moog.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
I was able to get the MF for about 2/3 of its normal price so it was a good deal to me. It fits well in my rig since it takes the place of a few pedals at once (albeit does the ring mod the best). It has a nice overall warming effect that's been noticeable on every amp I've played it on. It can also boost your signal, making for a bit of overdrive if you have a tube amp. At lower settings the tremolo is also very nice, and you can create -- for lack of a better way of describing it -- a triggered/velocity sensitive tremolo, ie the louder the sound the faster the tremolo. It's great for making original sounds/bells/chimes and adding flavour to your sound. Get it if you like experimenting.
If you look at the pedalboard in my sig youll see I use a Ring Thing instead. Its better and does a lot more, and with the tune function is a lot more useful in a live scenario.

You can pull off the Frequency analyzer sounds, as well as tremolo and vibrato effects and more. I use it to ticken up my tone for eerie clean parts mostly. Its a beautiful sound if used correctly