I bought a Squier Fender recently, and was provided the whammy bar along with it, as is the normal procedure.

however, screwing the whammy bar into the slot until getting some resistance has no effect on the bridge whatsoever... I want to know if there is something else that i have to do.

HELP!

Not sure what you're asking exactly...but once you screw the bar in, you have to push down on it (towards the body of the guitar) to use it.
Quote by sknth
how hard do i have to push down towards the guitar?

As hard as is necessary to get the desired effect
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
(To replace a conversation we might of had)

Right so the vibrato not working?
Nope
Right lets take a look, ahhh
what?
Well you see, this is a Telecaster
Right.
Not a strat, so they must acidentally put a "whammy bar" in the box.
Ok
And you trying to screw the "whammy bar" into the bridge has completely recked it.
Shit
Yeah
Anything I can do?
No the saddles are wrecked the paints scratched to buggary
Fuck
My ears are not a toilet.
Last edited by BabyWantABottle at Jul 30, 2010,
Have you played guitar hero? Yeah do it like that, except push harder cuz it's harder to push the real whammy bar.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
i've got a picture of the problem... it's too big to upload.
Quote by sknth
i've attached the pic to this post.

What's the problem exactly? You've screwed in the bar, now just push it down towards the guitar body while you're playing.
pushing it towards the guitar body doesn't help... no movement occurs.
do i have to remove the screws on the front of the bridge??
Maybe the guitar shop you bought it from blocked the tremolo to improve stability? Where did you buy it?
Open up the backplate to see if theres any bits of wood etc blocking the tremolo.
Quote by sknth
do i have to remove the screws on the front of the bridge??

No. Do not mess with the bridge.

It sounds like it's been blocked like coolstoryangus said. I can't understand why a store would do this though...did you buy it new or second hand?
i bought it new... i got it in a music store in chennai, india. it's a good music store.
Hmm..In that case do this

Quote by eyebanez333
take the plate off the back and take a picture of that to post here..
Quote by sknth
here it is.

Loosen the two screws at the top (on the left in your picture) until there is enough movement for you to use the tremelo. But don't loosen them too much!
My Gear

MIM Fender Strat

Vox AC4 TV
Marshall MG30DFX (now gone! )
Laney VC15 110 on the way!

EHX Small Clone
Marshall Gv'nor II+
Behringer DD100
MXR Dyna Comp
MXR Phase 90

Yamaha FG 411S
Sknth are you sure you're pushing the whammy bar down towards the strings of the guitar? And it's just not moving? Everything looks fine
Quote by granite'n'bread
Loosen the two screws at the top (on the left in your picture) until there is enough movement for you to use the tremelo. But don't loosen them too much!

Thats the only thing I could think of too...maybe those screws were holding the claw too tight to the body...but you would think he could still move it with only 3 screws on there
OP in all honesty i wouldnt make too big a deal if the trem isnt working on that guitar anyway. The whammy bar on guitar like the squier is just a quick ticket to going out of tune which will be problematic if you're a beginner (which i assume you are?)
yea i'm pushing the whammy as hard as i can... the bridge doesn't budge...
turn these screws counterclockwise...but not too far, just to get that metal claw abit farther away from the body

EDIT: also, there are no screws, bolts, blocks, etc. on the other side that we can't see in the pic? (by where the springs attach to the bridge itself?
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jul 30, 2010,
Holy shit, those springs are WAAAAY too tight.

Loosen them up.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
thanks for all the advice guys. . yea i'm a beginner on the electric guitar. been playing acoustic for over a year n half.