Page 1 of 3
Or "foureyes unite". I couldn't decide.

Anyways, I just got glasses today. Who else wears them? What kind of glasses do you have? What strength, for how long, was it weird in the beginning etc.

I might upload a pic of me in them later. Apparently my eyes have different faults so one glass is minus and other is plus. Shit looks weird now but I can read much better.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I don't wear them now, but I had an eye exam the other week (I have them yearly because of my Diabetes, it can cause eye problems), and apparently I'll need them in a few years.

Something about my eye's being more rugby ball shaped, and encouraging muscle weakening.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I do! For long distance of during tv/computers but I rarely do for that.

I'll also post pics later, or any prescription glasses I can fiiind.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
It's kinda weird when you put them on for the first time, but after a while you forget you have them on. Then it becomes weird when you take them off. (you can't see shit afterwards)

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I had glasses for like 2 years now, I refused to wear outside the house and lessons for about 1 year but now i take them anywhere.

I dont know which type but the size is 4.75 and I took really thin ones which cost more.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I have to wear glasses for driving. I take them to gigs and stuff, but probably should wear them for other stuff. But since I only spent like £20 on them, they'd probably fall apart if I did that.

Come to think of it, I got a thing in the post about needing my eyes retested. Should probably arrange that.

EDIT: I had to wear glasses when I was about 5 for a while. Then we moved house, I went to a different opthalmologist, and was told I didn't need them. They had Roland Rat on.
Last edited by MightyAl at Jul 30, 2010,
I wear contacts most of the time, but I wear these when I want to have four eyes.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I always wear glasses, contacts scare the crap out of me.
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
I've had glasses for the past ten years. I suffer myopia and astigmatism. I have pretty strong lenses. I'm pretty blind for my age.

I love wearing glasses Fashion accessory. Right now I got a pair of Oakley Ratchet 4.0. I also have Gucci corrective shades too.

I also hides the poaches under my eyes.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by osXtiger
It's kinda weird when you put them on for the first time, but after a while you forget you have them on. Then it becomes weird when you take them off. (you can't see shit afterwards)

Yeah sometimes when I dont wear my glasses And I want to rub my eyes I try to grab my imaginary and lift them glasses so I can rub my eyes.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I usually wear contacts, but I wear glasses at night or on days where I don't do anything.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I don't need to wear them. Kinda sucks, cus apparently I look good in them :|
RIP Tom Searle.
I've been wearing them since I was in the 3rd grade, but probably going for corrective hard lenses soon. Anyone had any experiences with them?
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Quote by osXtiger

For me it's like the plane/lines are all weird. Like if I look down on the ground it's not entirely levelled if that makes sense. Also my stereo vision seems misaligned.

I guess I'll get used to them. Atleast my left eye is making itself useful.
I've had glasses since I was eight, so about 11 years now already. I have -6.25 with a cylinder of -0.50 in my right eye and -5.25 with a cylinder of -0.50 in my left eye. At first, I thought they were weird and I had to get used to them, but now it's normal. Kids used to make fun of me in high school because I wore glasses, but f*** them, they were idiots anyway. I can't find a picture of my specks, but they're flashy black with yellow stripes
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Quote by HollishGuy
I've had glasses since I was eight, so about 11 years now already. I have -6.25 with a cylinder of -0.50 in my right eye and -5.25 with a cylinder of -0.50 in my left eye. At first, I thought they were weird and I had to get used to them, but now it's normal. Kids used to make fun of me in high school because I wore glasses, but f*** them, they were idiots anyway. I can't find a picture of my specks, but they're flashy black with yellow stripes

Alot of people wear glasses now theres nothing to laugh at really.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Kensai
For me it's like the plane/lines are all weird. Like if I look down on the ground it's not entirely levelled if that makes sense. Also my stereo vision seems misaligned.

I guess I'll get used to them. Atleast my left eye is making itself useful.

First time I had glasses, I was feeling like I was drunk. You get used to it pretty fast. I'm pretty sure you'll love it.

I love shopping for new glasses!
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Alot of people wear glasses now theres nothing to laugh at really.
I know, but some kids still find it "cool" to make fun of anyone who's different. Narrowminded idiots
Quote by HollishGuy
I know, but some kids still find it "cool" to make fun of anyone who's different. Narrowminded idiots

High school, where kids celebrate preppy conformism by putting other people down.

In high school, they told us to celebrate the differences. Yeah, right...
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Ive had my glasses for about half a year now. It is pretty weird in the beginning but you do get used to it.

I will be looking to get contact lenses soon though. I dont like wearing my glasses out.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by HollishGuy

I see alot of girls with glasses at my school really, More girls then boys.
People who laugh about that are ****ing idiots really.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I did up until October last year; contacts FTW!

What strength? Yeah, +11,25 on left and +11,75 on the right one. (I may be wrong, but not too far off; at least the 11 is right)

Quote by Shredoftheday
I've been wearing them since I was in the 3rd grade, but probably going for corrective hard lenses soon. Anyone had any experiences with them?

Go for soft contact lenses; the hard one simply fall off after the smallest knock on the head.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Jul 30, 2010,
Quote by JeanMi36
First time I had glasses, I was feeling like I was drunk. You get used to it pretty fast. I'm pretty sure you'll love it.

I love shopping for new glasses!

I hope so. Earlier today I injured my hand while barbequing because I miscalculated the angle and depth.

Yeah I can definitely see this glasses thing becoming an interesting accessory. I got black ones now but I'm going to see if I can find a more leather/brown look

Quote by HollishGuy

Light them on fire with your glasses.
Short sighted. Can't read or recognise people's faces at a distance. I can easily get around without them, but for lectures and for general comfort it's nice. I'm on my third pair. Been wearing infrequently (due to breakages as well) since I was 16.

Last time I had an eye test I tried on about five different glasses randomly. The last pair suited me. I had them on my face for two seconds before saying 'these will do'. It was so swift one of the staff members started laughing. The guy serving me was just 'wtf'. They didn't mention the price until adjustments and stuff which took awhile. I didn't bother looking at the price because I was stupid. I think they cost me £200. At this point I was too embarrassed to go back and say 'I'm sorry, I didn't notice, can I try other glasses?' so went through with the transaction. I would not pay that much again. Making sure these ones last.

'cuse the messy hair. Bloody shower hoggers.

Im shortsighted, I only realy need them for watching tv. That said I still manage to loose them in my house a least once a day.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Kensai
I hope so. Earlier today I injured my hand while barbequing because I miscalculated the angle and depth.

Yeah I can definitely see this glasses thing becoming an interesting accessory. I got black ones now but I'm going to see if I can find a more leather/brown look

I'd also suggest not to drive a car/moto/bicycle/crossing a busy street with your new eyes. :p

It's like getting a new camera. You need some adjustments to really feel the awesomeness of it.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by Kensai
Hell yeah, optical death ray, Archimedes style

Quote by Kensai

I have been using glasses since a was a kid, and after less than one year of using contacts, everything seemed to be much closer than I think. (Might've been the really thick glasses.)
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by sfaune92
I did up until October last year; contacts FTW!

What strength? Yeah, +11,25 on left and +11,75 on the right one. (I may be wrong, but not too far off; at least the 11 is right)

Go for soft contact lenses; the hard one simply fall off after the smallest knock on the head.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthokeratology
you wear them whilst sleeping.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
I have a pair of brown adidas wireframes now but I think I'm gonna get these when i get my eyes checked again soon.
Ray Ban Rx-5095
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by HollishGuy
Hell yeah, optical death ray, Archimedes style

Mythbusters said that wouldn't work.
I have -2.25 and -2.50, left and right eye. As for the brand, I opted to be a douche and bought some Hugo Boss pair. I've had glasses since I was ten or something.

Edit: yay, pic.

---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Last edited by Astyan at Jul 30, 2010,
9 wondrous years of shortsightedness. I'm also getting more astigmatic as time goes on.

I hope my sight continues to worsen. I asked the lens cutter to make my lenses as thick as possible, so I could get that coke bottle look, but he failed completely. the only option is to surpass legal blindness.
Quote by MightyAl
Mythbusters said that wouldn't work.
Sssshhh... they don't know that
When I was smaller I had a lazy eye and had to have two surgeries to correct it and I have astigmatism, I've had glasses ever since, so pretty much since I was a year old. I had round wire frames until I was 18 the I switched to the black rectangular shaped frames I have now.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Page 1 of 3