im a self taught guitarist, ben playin about 5 year now. play lead in my band, id say im a comfertable intermediate level but want to get better. whats the bests ways to improve my playing?
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!
You should try to go see a teacher, maybe you have bad habits that you don't know about. By correcting them you will progress much faster. I didnt know I had bad habits until I had a good teacher.

Theres also a lot of instructional dvds that helped me a lot like the Star Licks, the Hal Leonard, and some REH ones.

You should also try to check out every good instructional guitar books. Check out Creative Playing 1 and 2 and some Troy Stetina s books.

And compose a lot of music, yeah, jam with a band
Getting a teacher gives you more than just a way to correct bad habits too. While you learn best by practicing something alone with a metronome or something, it's also important to know WHAT (and how) to practice.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Learn every single technique, work on clean playing, THEN work on improving speed, improvisation and song writing.
Get a teacher, and also learn some songs that are a bit difficult for you (not so hard that you will get crushed, just slightly beyond what you're capable of right now - you're looking for something that's doable, but only if you work hard at it).