I currently have an MBox 2 mini and Pro Tools LE

So my plan for a setup has one main goal: I want to record a guitar track and drums simultaneously, but each track must be separate on Pro Tools, so I can edit and change effects/settings on each individually. Is the best way to do this: buy a condenser mic for the drumset (simple, not micing each individual drum), plug guitar into input, and use a headphone splitter so the drummer and I can each hear the guitar track? The reason I can't send the headphone output into speakers is so it doesn't record with the drum track.

I'm not sure if my description was good (I feel like I worded it a bit strangely), but any help is appreciated.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Can't you simply do one input condenser and the other guitar mic, create two tracks, and then go for it? Sorry, I'm learning PT M-Powered 8 but I have yet to experiment with true multi-tracking.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
but then won't the drums also get picked up by the guitar mic?? and vice versa. That's the issue here
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit

If you're monitoring with phones, put the guitar in another room and mic it up with a nice long cable. Under the stairs, in a bedroom, whatever.

Alternately, use a POD or a modeller or whatever to get the live feel you are going for, and if the tone doesn't quite meet your standards, you can overdub the guitar after. They call these tracks that you probably won't use later but are helpful for now "scratch tracks" or "ghost tracks." At least you'll still both be able to hear each other in the phones as you record together.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I'm not micing the guitar. I'll mostly be using Pro Tools amp simulators and effects, and just my guitar straight into the MBox. And the MBox 2 mini only has one mic input anyways. I think I know what I'll do now.....thanks for help anyways.

and sorry for my bad explanation. It was hard to describe
Quote by sadSTATUE

Quote by Unknown_Biskit

Seriously, use a click track and do it separately. Then you can use stereo mics on the drums (or a mixer with four or five mics run stereo into the mbox) and it will sound a million times better.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite