I remember my peavey 5150 head being a bit heavier then the newer 6505+ heads.
I'd say around 55 lbs.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Honestly, why does it matter? Unless you plan on crossing a bridge and you're worried about exceeding the weight limit then this thread is pretty much pointless.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Honestly, why does it matter? Unless you plan on crossing a bridge and you're worried about exceeding the weight limit then this thread is pretty much pointless.

Maybe he wants to ship one or is arranging a courier to collect one?
Quote by i_am_metalhead

Because he wants to know? That's why
Quote by coolstoryangus

Then he should put it on a scale and stop spamming up UG?

Or if he's having one shipped to him then he can just ask the shipper to weigh it.

Anymore suggestions? As of right now this thread is just silly.

Quote by metalcore123
Because he wants to know? That's why

Yea, its called spam though. But I guess rules don't apply to you people?
Maybe this thread will stay up long enough for MatrixClaw to see it.

He can tell you the exact weight of a 5150 and a 5152 down to the ounce
He can then tell how much it costs roughly to ship to any country in world
He will then probably pull up a rate table for all the major shipping companies

!!
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Then he should put it on a scale and stop spamming up UG?

Or if he's having one shipped to him then he can just ask the shipper to weigh it.

Anymore suggestions? As of right now this thread is just silly.

Yea, its called spam though. But I guess rules don't apply to you people?

Thank you for being so helpful. Your continued participation has help the UG community grow even larger.

Seriously though, if you don't care about a thread, why bother posting in it? Otherwise YOU are the one guilty of creating needless spam.

........just a thought.
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by theraven871
Thank you for being so helpful. Your continued participation has help the UG community grow even larger.

Seriously though, if you don't care about a thread, why bother posting in it? Otherwise YOU are the one guilty of creating needless spam.

........just a thought.

No, I'm reminding people that there are rules around here. You wanna be a jerk? Guess what!?

REPORTED
Quote by i_am_metalhead
No, I'm reminding people that there are rules around here. You wanna be a jerk? Guess what!?

REPORTED

Yes, I wanted to be a jerk. In fact, that was the entire purpose of my post. I'm surprised that you were able to see through my sarcasm to understand my true intentions.

Back to reality, all I was trying to tell you is that someone posted asking for help & information. Forums/Message Boards are built for that entire purpose in mind. Rules are guidelines.........you realize that right?

Perhaps this thread will be locked, perhaps not. It doesn't really matter to me and its purpose has expired.

However, if you thought I was being a jerk, take a moment to try to view how your own posts sounded........
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by theraven871
Yes, I wanted to be a jerk. In fact, that was the entire purpose of my post. I'm surprised that you were able to see through my sarcasm to understand my true intentions.

Back to reality, all I was trying to tell you is that someone posted asking for help & information. Forums/Message Boards are built for that entire purpose in mind. Rules are guidelines.........you realize that right?

Perhaps this thread will be locked, perhaps not. It doesn't really matter to me and its purpose has expired.

However, if you thought I was being a jerk, take a moment to try to view how your own posts sounded........

No this thread is pointless. It can be easily answered with a little research on the OP's part. Sites like this are for legit questions, not for people who are too lazy to use google or search a companies website for a little information.

If you look on the Peavey website you will find out that the 6505, 6505+, and the 6534 all weigh roughly 50 pounds. Since the 5150 is the predecessor of the 6505 (in fact its the same amp with a different name) you can safely assume the 5150 will weigh around 50 pounds.

People like the OP posting spam and people like you defending him are the reason that the UG forums have more or less turned to crap.
Quote by i_am_metalhead

do you fail to understand that he might need to calculate shipping costs or something?you have to enter the weight of the item to calculate shipping costs..

I once asked for the weight of a guitar case,not at UG but at another forum,and they helped me out gladly......stop flamming people for nothing
Quote by coolstoryangus

That's why.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Or.....ask MatrixClaw. I'm sure he knows off the top of his head

That I do, it's approximately 56 lbs. One of the heavier amps I usually ship

If you want to get technical, the last one I shipped was 55 lbs 14 ounces. That's in a pretty tight fitting box, with barely any padding - USPS has raised the size limits by 30 inches, which is much better. So with the crappy packing, it's basically negligible to the weight
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 30, 2010,
Quote by archenemyfan
do you fail to understand that he might need to calculate shipping costs or something?you have to enter the weight of the item to calculate shipping costs..

I once asked for the weight of a guitar case,not at UG but at another forum,and they helped me out gladly......stop flamming people for nothing

one would think that the answer is more readily available on Peavey's website, or by asking thier customer support. so when someone asks a question that is better asked someone else, thats when we run into problems.

to paraphrase from a song:
we like to help those who try to help themselves.

you cant put in the effort on the front end, then we dont want to help you. get it?