Looking to buy an Ibanez SZ320 for $120. Comes with a Peavey Rage 158 and gig bag. I think its an okay deal for a starter set up right? From the pictures, the pickups don't have the ibanez/duncan logo on them though. Don't all the models come with them and they would be labeled right?
NO, starter packs are not good in general, you will hate the amp after a couple of months. ibanez pickups are normally done by dimarzio no SD, although a few models have SDs,

the sz is discontinued for 2010
That clearly isn't a starter pack, Maybe you should read the post before you reply. To the Op, Yes that is a good deal IF everything is in working order.
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
great deal if it all works

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by ibanezgod1973
NO, starter packs are not good in general, you will hate the amp after a couple of months. ibanez pickups are normally done by dimarzio no SD, although a few models have SDs,

the sz is discontinued for 2010

LOL.

Its not a starter pack the sz320 is a decent set neck mahogany axe. For 120 bucks i'd definatly pick that up. The amp is just a bonus feature on top of it i guess but for the guitar alone its a good deal.
I've had this guitar for 5 years since I was 15 and I'm NEVER getting rid of it. Haven't even bought another guitar yet, the need for one has never been there.
I have the brown mahognay one with a JB/Jazz combo in it. The stock pickups on mine didn't have any label on em so I'm not sure which brand or type they were, but they were good.

If you've played it, you already know how it feels. If you haven't, the neck is thin, but not sorta flat feeling like other ibanez necks. I've never played another ibanez with a neck like this one, it's golden.

For 120 its an absolute steal and I can do nothing but recommend it through the clouds. And since you don't pay a whole lot for it, invest in some new pickups if you feel like it's needed.

Enjoy
I have two Ibanez SZ series guitars.

Excellent guitars. i have 26 axes and these are among the best...

GRAB IT !!!!!!!!!!! Great deal.

(the new guirtars in the series are 'SZR'...very good but not quite the quality of the SZ)
Last edited by Raptorfingers at Jul 30, 2010,
Thanks everyone! I think I'll pick her up tomorrow then! Hopefully everything is in working order