There is an ad in a local free ads paper that says this :

"1975 Fender Telecaster Guitar. (3) Pick ups. Complete with case. £450."

Is there any chance this is a vintage and they dont know it? Possibly worth a few grand?
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

"Do they? That must be why they are such a dominant global power"

Brought to you by Graham Linehan and Dylan Moran
sounds like it's modded, if it has 3 pickups. And since you have to route out a new cavity to install and extra pickup, which can't be undone, that's going to take a lot off the resale value of the instrument. So £450 seems like a fair price for a '75 fender tele that's been routed out for 3 pickups.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
What do you mean "could it be a vintage telecaster"? If it is >25 years old, it IS a vintage tele. The fact that it's modded or routed out for 3 pups doesn't make it less old.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by ibz_bucket
What do you mean "could it be a vintage telecaster"? If it is >25 years old, it IS a vintage tele. The fact that it's modded or routed out for 3 pups doesn't make it less old.

well "vintage" guitars tend to sell for a few thousand
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

"Do they? That must be why they are such a dominant global power"

Brought to you by Graham Linehan and Dylan Moran
Quote by BoxerLadABC
well "vintage" guitars tend to sell for a few thousand

not when they've been irreversably modded.

I dunno if fender made a stock 3-pickup tele - you'd have to call the number and see if you can have a look at it first.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 30, 2010,
It could be the model name too, there have been alot of re-issues lately. Also people tend to name their things weird like "vintage fender squier sears strat bought a month ago"
Quote by Blompcube
sounds like it's modded, if it has 3 pickups. And since you have to route out a new cavity to install and extra pickup, which can't be undone, that's going to take a lot off the resale value of the instrument. So £450 seems like a fair price for a '75 fender tele that's been routed out for 3 pickups.

Most likely this. It's most likely, if not certain, it's in a fairly bad shape, so if you're interested, play it before you put the money down.

Bear in mind mid to late 70s Fenders don't sell for as much as people think anyway. (Funny, because a '78 Precision was one of the best basses I've played by a long shot)
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Didn't Fender make a three single coil Tele called the Nashville in 70s?
I could be thinking of something else or just some other company but I'm pretty sure they did.

Fender does make the Nashville, here's a link.
Does it look like this guitar in one of the many finishes?
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0135300332
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Last edited by Bottle of Dirt at Jul 30, 2010,
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
I could be thinking of something else or just some other company but I'm pretty sure they did.

Actually the Nashville did have 3 single coils. I'm sure thats what he thinks but I'm pretty sure a real 1975 telecaster would sell for a lot more then that.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Quote by Bottle of Dirt

i dunno when they introduced the nashville telecaster as a model but the "B-bender" model didn't come till 1996.

And yeah, as macker said, mid/late '70s fenders (and gibsons for that matter) rarely sell for much more than a brand new equivalent even in pretty good condition without any modifications. I know I played a '76 fender musicmaster that was in near mint condition that cost ~£500 in denmark street a couple of years ago (and denmark street isn't the place to get a bargain, that's for sure). It sang like a siren, but it played like a shipwreck.

I'm pretty sure there was no "Nashville" model in 1975. It could easily be modded, or just something that the seller is misrepresenting.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Tell me where I can find these mid/late 70s fenders for under 1000 bucks like a new strat? I monitor gbase.com regularly looking for 70s strats and their usually at least 2000
Lol
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Doesn't matter if they're vintage or not. If it's not original or heavily modded which is even worse then the value goes down crazy. I found a 70's Les Paul that had a 3rd single coil pickup on the middle and a bunch of switches for $1200.