New Gear Day!

So having sold my beloved Marshall Class 5 I needed an amp....or something to play on. Something that'll not wake the neighbours at night and that I can take anywhere with me.

What I ended up buying both surprised me in my decision and made me think I'm nuts. Which is probably true, but having played around with it for a day now I'm more then happy with my decision, who knew!

Pictures up soon.....
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
.......... 'looks at watch'.............

Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I've gone over to the dark side, a part of me feels like my soul has been ripped from my body....
Post pics already, this is boring.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by DSOTM80
I've gone over to the dark side, a part of me feels like my soul has been ripped from my body....

modeller?
It's gonna a be a Line 6 toneport, callin it!
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by boffen
Pod.

Yes but moving to another continent soon and not being able to take everything with me, never being able to really crank the Class 5 cause I live in an apartment it was the best thing to do. On the upside I'm actually enjoying it....hope thats safe to say around here Although after downloading some user patches, I'll never understand why people scoop the mids when going for a Van Halen tone

You do realize that without a review or some clips this thread is against the rules, right?

HNPD nonetheless
Quote by i_am_metalhead
You do realize that without a review or some clips this thread is against the rules, right?

HNPD nonetheless

More then likely yea....

Review:

Its not a tube amp
Quote by DSOTM80
More then likely yea....

Review:

Its not a tube amp

Well I'm just saying that some asshole might come along and report you. It won't be me though - I think I've pissed enough people off for today.
those things are cool.

you should post a proper review or just wank out some clips, that's what i do.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by DSOTM80

Yes but moving to another continent soon and not being able to take everything with me, never being able to really crank the Class 5 cause I live in an apartment it was the best thing to do. On the upside I'm actually enjoying it....hope thats safe to say around here Although after downloading some user patches, I'll never understand why people scoop the mids when going for a Van Halen tone

I'd probably take a modeller over a low watt tube amp as well if i had to keep the volume really low for practice. They can get closer to the big sound of a stack etc but in your headphones. Obviously not totally exact but you get the picture. User made patches for these tend to be rubbish so yeah you're better off making your own tbh
Well alright.

Review:

The cool thing I like about it is the fact that you can play it with headphones or hook it up to some stereo speakers and you're good to go. I played through some old small computer speakers and I was actually really surprised at the sound quality. POD Farm seemed like a waste to download cause it didn't even recognize the X3 even though on the box it says free download. GearBox however is pretty cool and putting in new patches and editing them seems pretty straight forward. I haven't really gone deep into all the tweaks but theres a ton of options for almost everything, almost too much, and you can have 2 rigs in one patch. Menus and so on are straight forward. I was a bit skeptical with the tone and so on, but even the presets are really nice. Theres a clean chorus setting I already like a lot and changing from different setups and amps at the twist of a knob is great.
Only thing I wish they did was make the unit a bit small and the screen bigger but maybe that'll happen in later models.
Quote by coolstoryangus
I'd probably take a modeller over a low watt tube amp as well if i had to keep the volume really low for practice. They can get closer to the big sound of a stack etc but in your headphones. Obviously not totally exact but you get the picture. User made patches for these tend to be rubbish so yeah you're better off making your own tbh

My problem was, as good as the Class 5 sounded I couldn't get it past 3 cause then the neighbours would complain, so whats the point you know. Its a great amp and pretty loud for its size. I've had it loud a few times and it was great.
The POD will at least let me go deaf on my own, with headphones and no one will notice

HNPD!

I've got one of these myself and I love it, probably my most favorite piece of gear. I own/have owned a few tube amps (Krank, Splawn, Randall) and I've found that there is nothing better for practicing by yourself than a nice ME unit (the Pod being mine of choice). It's wonderful for recording to.
So having spent a number of days now playing around with the X3, I've come to one conclusion. I love it Doesn't mean that Line 6 has me converted on all their stuff but give credit where its due and they did a kick ass job with this one!