I finally got my guitar Ibanez GRG 170DX with the Zoom G2.1U. However, given that I've been out of touch for well over 15 years now (used to play for a metal band before that), I don't want to subject the family to the noise I'm currently producing. Hence the issue

I generally practice with the backing track so possibly the ipod or computer with the guitar hooked into the G2.1U. How do I get the lineout from the G2.1U + iPod into the headphone? Is there some kind of mixer available? I don't want to spend a lot of money given that I've just blown a lot of money.

Any suggestions? Surely many folks must have faced this problem when they started out
You could plug a headphone jack from the Zoom into the computers "mic" input and use your volume control to mix the backing track together or does the Zoom have a CD/MP3 input?
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by Bertallica
You could plug a headphone jack from the Zoom into the computers "mic" input and use your volume control to mix the backing track together or does the Zoom have a CD/MP3 input?

That's what I initially thought of, but was a bit scared plugging in the zoom output into the mic input, not sure if it can damage the sound card if the input is high. The zoom doesn't have a CD/MP3 input sadly.

Looks like the mic input might be the only option I have though
I plug the output of my 100w marshall, zoom, and bass all into the soundcard of my computer. And this particular one was made in '01. you will be fine.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.