Page 1 of 3
recently I've been noticing that I have a really weird playing style, almost nothing I write is in 4/4 and usually all uses triplets, at it's not crazy speed metal, it's alternative. whats your playing style?
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
Quote by MightyAl
Shite.

Me too, we should make a band.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by damian_91

We could be called "Get Off The Stage", so people would technically be cheering for us while they heckle us!
Well, my old guitar teacher said that every song I make is in waltz?
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by MightyAl
We could be called "Get Off The Stage", so people would technically be cheering for us while they heckle us!

Our first song could be called "Did I Actually Pay To Hear This Shit?".
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
My playing style is:

'-nothing is in 4/4 time.

- lots of crazy solo bass

- flamenco bass picking

-songs go on for ages
Quote by damian_91

Can I join the band?
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I want to be in Get Off the Stage.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
My playing style is:

- flamenco bass picking

-songs go on for ages

Ah... Lil' Geddy...

My guitar playing... Some things are so free-time they don't fit into a regular time signature. Usually I write in 4/4, but I try to write in other times. Key signatures change often, with a LOT of added tones if I pick one to stay in. Chromaticism is my friend, and speed is my enemy. I'm messy, but cleaning it up. My bass playing is shite.
I don't particularly have one, most of my stuff is in 3/4 though.

Shit would be my playing style.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by rock.freak667
Can I join the band?

We are too bad for you
Quote by Pleasure2kill
antarctican death metal
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
My playing style is:

- flamenco bass picking

-songs go on for ages

I seriously doubt you've ever played, much less written, music.

My style is pretty standard, I like to play things that groove, or have a cool rythym.
any style that i want.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by damian_91
We are too bad for you

Can I join if I work on keeping out of key?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by L2112Lif
Ah... Lil' Geddy...

My guitar playing... Some things are so free-time they don't fit into a regular time signature. Usually I write in 4/4, but I try to write in other times. Key signatures change often, with a LOT of added tones if I pick one to stay in. Chromaticism is my friend, and speed is my enemy. I'm messy, but cleaning it up. My bass playing is shite.

Is your surname Lifeson/Živojinović?
Hey look at me, my playing style is sooooo cool, i never write in 4/4, i only used the chinese major sky and the Afghan melodic minor scale, i'm gonna make a thread so others can know that i'm sooo cool at playing guitar, although i really just play pentatonic....
Quote by damian_91
We are too bad for you

What if I tune to drop B and try to play out of time with everyone else??

But I don't really have a playing style, as I can't even write a song let alone compose one....I suck....wait, that means I can join the band?
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Stuff i write is heavily riff based, i try not to concern myself too much with time signatures, if its in 4/4, cool, if its in some other weird time signature, then thats ok too. I try to get lots of different chord textures, straight powerchords can get a bit boring, but i am not too good with the theory behind chord making either, so i just try and make up stuff and try and make it sound nice.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Todd Hart
Can I join if I work on keeping out of key?

No, you have to work at staying in key, and fail to be in this band.
Quote by crohno
Hey look at me, my playing style is sooooo cool, i never write in 4/4, i only used the chinese major sky and the Afghan melodic minor scale, i'm gonna make a thread so others can know that i'm sooo cool at playing guitar, although i really just play pentatonic....

actually, I hate the fact that much of my stuff isn't in 4/4. it's much easier to work with 4/4. but then again there's only so much you can do with 4/4. it has nothing to do with thinking I'm cool? me and my drummer were just talking about it and I figured it would be interesting to see what some of the pit's guitar style is.
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
I usually stick to the 4/4 set-up. I'm new to playing in a band so I want to get the hang of the basics for keeping beat before I get into different beats.

Verses My verses use a lot of power chords with individual notes thrown in every 3'rd or 6'th beat. (With a little somethin thrown in every 20th beat usually)

Chorus...well I usually work off a lot of longer notes and bending. Letting My bassist give the drive and I provide some sustain to match and highlight what our singer does.

Solos I'm prety new to soloing. (Up to now I've mainly worked on doing rythm guitar). So I don't really know how to describe my style yet. But my influences for soloing are...Adrian Smith, Stefan Elmgren, Synyster Gates, Glen Tipton, KK Downing and "Fast" Eddie Clark
Have a good one,
Phoenix
I have no clue. All i know is that i like to play a lot of melodic shit, so think older In Flames.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
My playing style is:

- flamenco bass picking

-songs go on for ages

This reminds me of a band but I forgot which one.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
My Bass style has a lot in common with that of Steve Harris, but rather than gallops I often just use 16 or 32 notes. I occassionally throw in some melody or play a riff an octave higher to give it a more melodic feel. I also love groove rythms. I play bass with my fingers and I'm also lead singer in my band. So a lot of these things originated from the fact that I couldn't play a lot of complex things. But since we play alot in 6/8 or other signatures it can still come off as pretty progressive.
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
(When its just me)
-4/4
-Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus
-Only a few chords
-Fairly broken vocal melodies (Conor Oberst) even though I vocally try to copy Ryan Adams.

(When im with the band)
-"Yeah, man. Thats cool. Lets totally do that."
Prog Pop Punk!

Mostly I write 3/4-4/4-6/8 but for fun me and my drummer try to get creative. We use 7/8 a lot when we joke around.
I try to vary my songs a lot, like a bossa nova song that I'm pretty proud of. Idk, whatever sounds good and fun (and has sweeps)
Lots of pre- things.

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Page 1 of 3