I haven't uploaded anything with vocals for a while so I thought I'd put something new up. Its a cover of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire, its just a quick recording I did in like a half hour nothing serious. Let me know what you think and I gladly crit you back, thanks.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Osiris77/
Thanks for the crit, very much appreciated!

This is a great, great song by Mr. Cash and sometimes it's hard to get the right feel with it.
But the guitars have been recorded well, and you've got that country edge to the playing. Really cool recording, how do you record your acoustic?

Vocals sound really professional, sit in the mix nicely. Pronunciation and pitching is great - not much to say about the voice really. Better than last time, much fuller timbre to the voice this time.

I would love to hear you cover 'Crazy little thing called love' by Queen, or 'Tutti Frutti'/'Hound Dog' by Elvis Presley.
I think they would suit your voice very nicely, and are killer tunes too!

Keep it up!
AJ
Quote by ankthebank
Thanks for the crit, very much appreciated!

This is a great, great song by Mr. Cash and sometimes it's hard to get the right feel with it.
But the guitars have been recorded well, and you've got that country edge to the playing. Really cool recording, how do you record your acoustic?

Vocals sound really professional, sit in the mix nicely. Pronunciation and pitching is great - not much to say about the voice really. Better than last time, much fuller timbre to the voice this time.

I would love to hear you cover 'Crazy little thing called love' by Queen, or 'Tutti Frutti'/'Hound Dog' by Elvis Presley.
I think they would suit your voice very nicely, and are killer tunes too!

Keep it up!
AJ

Thanks, I actually did it all in on one take expect for that short lead in the middle. I used an SM57 and just set it to where it would pick up the guitar and voice at good volume, threw on some eq and reverb and thats it.
Quote by MrMartyMustaine
Thanks for feedback on my Pink Floyd cover.

Good job! You have an excellent voice, I really have no complaints with this cover.

Thanks
Nice clean recording. Would like more vocals, maybe turn it up a just a touch. Really great voice. A nice original take on a tune from the great Mr Cash.

Not a lot else to say to be honest you nailed it!

Dave
Thanks for your crit on my American Slang cover.

I have to say your ring of fire cover is a really good job. Guitar technicicaly you know what you´re doing so the playing is really good. Also for the singing part. You have a good sounding voice and your singing is on key. There´s only one thing I would like to hear a little more. And thats a bit crisp and more strenght in the vocals. I´ve read that you are using a Sure SM57 for you records. Basicly it´s a instrument mic (I also had one of these for vocal recording) and not that good for vocal recording. But like I said. Overall a very good cover.
*No Advertising*
Quote by JonBonDon
Thanks for your crit on my American Slang cover.

I have to say your ring of fire cover is a really good job. Guitar technicicaly you know what you´re doing so the playing is really good. Also for the singing part. You have a good sounding voice and your singing is on key. There´s only one thing I would like to hear a little more. And thats a bit crisp and more strenght in the vocals. I´ve read that you are using a Sure SM57 for you records. Basicly it´s a instrument mic (I also had one of these for vocal recording) and not that good for vocal recording. But like I said. Overall a very good cover.

Yeah I totally agree with you on the SM57, its not made for vocals. I'm looking to pick up a SM58 hopefully pretty soon. As for getting more strength to my vocals, I'm hoping that practicing more and more will eventually help that because I do have a pretty weak voice. Thanks for the crit