hey
i just bought a Tanglewood Stratocaster copy, and i was really happy with it. now that i've got it home, its picking up absolutely zero signal from the amp. its not the cable, because my other guitars are working fine with it. i know this guy hasnt ripped me off, ive bought guitars from him before without any issues.

just wondering what the problem is, and how i can go about getting it sorted?
'The Blues is Easy to Play, but Hard to Feel'
Jimi Hendrix
active pick ups perhaps?
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
maybe a cable inside is loose most likely one connected to the output jack of the guitar
Guitars pick up signals from amps now?

Did you try it before you bought it?
i confess, i didnt try it in the shop. i know im sounding noobish, by signal i meant i wasnt picking up any sound.

thanks for the tips, does anyone have any idea which cable it might be?
Jimi Hendrix
There's no way for us to simply tell you what the problem is. If it has active pickups, change the battery. Make sure you're checking all the knobs and the selector switch. Take a peek inside and see if they are any unconnected cables, or just to check on the overall condition of the innards. Finally, take it back to where you bought and get them to look it over.

And amps pick up signals from guitars, not the other way around. I was just teasing ya. :P
:P

ive had a dig around near the jack plate, but i dont fancy lifting the pickguard off at the minute.
its actually started working a bit now, but whenever the volume knob gets touched, it starts going muffled and stuttery. i was using all 30 watts of my amp, and it sounded like a micro amp in a tin can.
i reckon i'll take it to my guitar tech tomorrow, see what he makes of it, and how much it will cost me :/
Jimi Hendrix
its a bad pot probably.
if the knob makes the guitar make a sound when its touched.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Sounds like the output jack needs some soldering or it's a bad pot.

But definitely take it in... the place you bought it from should fix it for free.