So today I just found out that most Celtic music is played on DADGAD and that the chords are completely different from standard tuning. I hadn't thought about it before, but it makes sense.

I am still a beginner and I don't practice all that much, but for now I really want to play some Celtic tunes. I'm not sure how the learning process goes, but should I just stop practicing EADGBE chords and start practicing DADGAD chords or should I keep up with my standard tuning lessons?

Since I've been learning guitar on my own with the help of forums and videos, I'm not sure what to do, but I've been very interested in Celtic. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S.: I'm looking for a good tab of "Down by the Sally Gardens" and can't find it anywhere. If anyone could help that would be incredible.
if you get good enough on standard it shouldnt be that difficult to switch to dagdad
I read a bit on the theory but haven't really got into it. I know how the chords work and all that, but the main question here is if I should start practicing on DADGAD or EADGBE. I've seen some people who learned EADGBE play DADGAD pretty good, but they are skilled and have been playing for countless years.

I just want a quick fix to play Celtic, and I thought going to DADGAD would open more doors for me.

Any thoughts?
Quote by SalokinX
I read a bit on the theory but haven't really got into it. I know how the chords work and all that, but the main question here is if I should start practicing on DADGAD or EADGBE. I've seen some people who learned EADGBE play DADGAD pretty good, but they are skilled and have been playing for countless years.

I just want a quick fix to play Celtic, and I thought going to DADGAD would open more doors for me.

Any thoughts?

if you just want to mess around on dagdad tuning go ahead but for i thnk it would be better to practice on standard since most music is in standard