I bought a custom peavey valveking footswitch. The effect works, but the channel does not. Is it just the switch or are there just a few things i need to do? I need to know so i can send it back in the next seven days if it's the footswitch.
I have to push in the channel button on the amp to make the channel select on the footswitch work. Otherwise turn in the footswitch.
That's what i've done, but it didn't work. I've heard a lot of different things like you need a trs cable and different things.
It's just a standard instrument cable. I'm not sure if it's stereo or not. Sorry, i'm not that great with this kinda stuff.
the vk footswitch comes with a cable attached make sure you are inserting it into the amp properly, you should hear 2 clicks as you push it in.

what do you mean "custom" the vk footswitch is for the vk and the windsor only.

Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 30, 2010,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
the vk footswitch comes with a cable attached make sure you are inserting it into the amp properly, you should hear 2 clicks as you push it in.

what do you mean "custom" the vk footswitch is for the vk and the windsor only.

It's a footswitch that i bought off ebay for the vk.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=150462543317&Category=43375&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1
There's the link to it.
you need to ask the seller then, it looks kinda homemade and could potentially damage the amp
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 30, 2010,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
you need to ask the seller then, it looks kinda homemade and could potentially damage the amp

I'll contact them, and if i can't get it figured out then i'll send it back.
Quote by Jason43
Its not going to damage the amp. If you're using a standard instrument cable, it's not stereo. You need a stereo cable.

Alright, i ordered a trs stereo cable.
^ Can you link me to the cable you got? I've been looking for one for a footswitch for my ValveKing, haha.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
trs=stereo cable. yes you need one to work with this footswitch. a regular instrument cable wont work. my friend and i essentially built one of these footswitches, or rather converted an old crate footswitch to work with his valveking.

if youve already ordered a trs cable that should be all you need.

EDIT: any trs/stereo cable will work, my friend and i have been using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm male to male trs cable with 3.5mm>1/4 inch adapters on both ends to switch his valveking until he gets a regular cable lol
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Jul 31, 2010,