It's a confession in the way of a question. Is anyone here in the Pit like me in that they are compelled, obsessed, and drawn beyond their will to watch the clock on every piece of media they watch?

Am I alone? I can't not watch the ****er! Any semblance of a pattern, any combination of zeros, ones, fives and twos that look the same upside down, anything that's the same backwards, that looks like a word... anything. I will keep an eye on the clock for ages waiting for these to come around. It's a serious curse. Are there rehabilitation courses available? How do you deal with it?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
it's OCD mate, and you gotta learn to live with it. i think there are cures but they take time. lots of time...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I do it most of the time. It gets annoying as hell, if it's a YouTube video just full screen so you don't see the time.
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

I find myself doing this upon occasion. I tend to look for numbers that are evenly divisible by 9. I will do the same with license plate numbers. If the numerals don't add up to a number evenly divisible by nine, I will convert any letters to their numerical equivalent (a=1, b=2, ..... y=25, z=26) and see inputting that will make it so.
It's ok Daniel, the shrink is going to pick you up with the white van in 20 minutes. Maybe you even get to wear the suit where you can't move in again!
I'm always waiting for the number 1337 to appear, like, 13h37 and stuff.

But that's because, you know, I'm a helpless nerd.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Quote by CoreysMonster
Bill Hicks quotes, eh?

He did provide something of a template, yes. That screen cap is from a Bill Hicks show too IIRC.

No, but i am compelled, obsessed, and drawn beyond my will to watch the show Cops every night
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jul 30, 2010,
Quote by Astyan

How many things do you watch that are 13 hours and 37 minutes long..?
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Quote by Mr.Feather
How many things do you watch that are 13 hours and 37 minutes long..?

That's just me being French. I meant 13:37 (which would be 1:37PM to you), like on my French alarm clock. 24h system up in this bitch.

Just replace this by the 13'37'' mark on the treadmill when I'm running, for example.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
only the regular clock, because of some stupid thing a friend told me that's been stuck in my head for eight years.

edit: damnit, it's 1:12 now. I missed it.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Jul 30, 2010,
Oh screw you, Rev.

Quote by Astyan
That's just me being French. I meant 13:37 (which would be 1:37PM to you), like on my French alarm clock. 24h system up in this bitch.

Just replace this by the 13'37'' mark on the treadmill when I'm running, for example.

Actually, I use 24 hour clocks too. I just assumed you meant you were watching a video or film that was ridiculously long.

You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Quote by angusfan16
No, but i am compelled, obsessed, and drawn beyond my will to watch the show Cops every night

Do you get sweaty?
No, but sometimes I do.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
OHMYGOD I used to do this. When I was like 12, but still

I had one of those baby-g shock watches and when it got to 3.33 on the 3rd march I could click between time and date and the display would be all 3s, and then 4.44 a month and one day later, and so on.

But I grew out of both the watch and the habit
When I'm watching a video on YouTube, I feel compelled to leave the mouse resting so that it's over the pause button in a specific way. Since it turns into a pointing hand, the index finger has to rest neatly between the two pause bars.

I don't know why I do it, I just do.

I don't watch the clock though. That's just crazy and pointless.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Yeah I tend to always have my clocks set to military time/the 24-hour clock for some reason. I tell people that it is easier for me, but it really isn't. I think why I do it is a combination of that it makes more sense to me, and because when people ask what time it is I like to do the math in my head (simple math, but it makes me feel accomplished).
<3 Beardfish

Quote by 'Leviathan'
I love you so much.

YAY!
I do it with everything.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Dempsey68
it's OCD mate,

NO, it isn't.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Astyan

How thoughtful

EDIT:
OT: No, but I do have a kinda similar weird thing where if I'm bored I'll go into double vision and make the image of two objects cross.
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Last edited by mullet1337 at Jul 30, 2010,