I made a website for a business I started. Let me say that I'm NOT trying to promote it here, because I don't think many UG'ers are getting married, much less have a girlfriend...

But I wanted to show it so you guys and see if you like it, if it sucks, if you had some ideas on how to improve it, etc.

All compliments and criticisms appreciated

www.TheMp3DJ.com
I (still, after everything) believe in Billy Corgan.
Umm, iTunes? Except on a USB?
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

Please explain.

Edit: never mind, the website looks good, and you could potentially get a lot of money if word gets out.
Scale

The
Summit

Last edited by xMarkx at Jul 30, 2010,
Hey, enough of the insults TS!

But, I really like the way you use videos. I mean, if it was me you'd seem more preferable then others who just have a normal site. It gives you a face and lets me know who you are and what you're like before even inquiring about your services, thus if I was a potential customer, I'd be more willing to use your services.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by MoFly41
because I don't think many UG'ers are getting married, much less have a girlfriend...

Too true.

Quote by The_Casinator
The site looks good, but what the hell is an Ipod wedding?

I was kinda wondering that too.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Who would want their wedding announcments from an Ipod?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
@xMarkx Its an announcement service for people who use iPods for their wedding reception rather than hiring a Dj. So we record announcements with their names and make them available to download to put on their iPod so it's like a real DJ is there.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Who would want their wedding announcments from an Ipod?

Well iPod weddings are a growing trend. People are trying to cut the amount of money they spend on their wedding so they just use their iPod or computer to play music for people to dance to - so this is just an effort to improve that experience
Well you better have a damn sexy voice.
Scale

The
Summit

Quote by CoreysMonster
dude, automaticly playing audio? Not cool. Everyone hates that.

This. Exactly this. Ruined my music

It's a good website.. But an iPod wedding?
Quote by MoFly41
Well iPod weddings are a growing trend. People are trying to cut the amount of money they spend on their wedding so they just use their iPod or computer to play music for people to dance to - so this is just an effort to improve that experience

But awful cheesy DJs are a vital part of the wedding experience.
Website works okay... does the job, not very inspiring.

Not sure on the concept though... alas good luck to you sir!
Do you cost like a real DJ?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
1) Having your blog and website on 2 different domains is ****ing retarded. If you combine the two then you combine the link juice and SEO benefits of the blog onto your overall site and vice versa.

2) Have a backlink strategy for gawwwdss sake! Your blog links back to your mp3 dj site using the URL as the backlink text which is MENTAL. You should make your link anchor text "mp3 wedding DJ" or whatever keyword you're trying to rank for

3) You have 2 seconds to capture a viewers interest and let them know EXACTLY what your site is about. After reading the "how it works" section, I still didn't have a clue. Sort it out.

4) Back to the blog: nice idea having a blog, but FFS stay on topic. Who exactly are you trying to appeal to? The blog needs to be LASER targetted to people who are interested in your software, i.e. people planning weddings. No one who visits that blog is going to give two shits about what you think about films or any other random shit you want to put on there. Have a personal blog and a business blog. Do NOT combine the two because you'll alienate both audiences.

5) None of your images have ALT tags, which will adversely affect your Google rankings. ALL your images need keyword heavy alt tags.

6) Your website URL is terrible. The mp3DJ.com says NOTHING about what you're offering as a service (not that I could even work out what you were offering)

7) No-one's going to sign up for your email list if you don't offer an incentive. Give away a free trial or a free .pdf about wedding planning or something as an incentive to get sign ups.

8) Your page filenames like "guide.html" are rubbish. They need to be mp3-dj-guide.html etc. Every file name should have a keyword in it, and that includes images. None of this Home_Head.jpg nonsense. That should be mp3-dj-header.jpg.

KEYWORDS KEYWORDS KEYWORDS

9) So you got some genuine press... why the hell are you hiding it and why can't I just click those links to view it on your main page?!

10) That black box on the front page... what is it? It never even loaded for me, even after 5 minutes. You could make excuses for what it SHOULD be and tell me that it's amazing but the point is, if I was a customer and it didn't load, all I see is a black box that looks amateurish. I assume it's a video. If it is then compress the **** out of it, make it smaller and host it on a third party website because your hosting provider isn't up to it.

11) What is the ONE thing you want people to do on this site?

I'll tell you.

It's either BUY NOW, or sign up to your mailing list. Why are you making me work to find the "buy now" area and why is your mailing list hidden away? Both your buy now and email list need to be above the fold straight away so that people know EXACTLY what to do if they want to progress on your site.

12) Ok, just went to the Guide section and saw an Aweber popup, which is brilliant! Good job on finding a good email broadcaster, that's the best thing you could do, which means that actually building a list so that your $20 a month (or whatever subscription you're on) is worth it! MAKE THAT SIGN UP BOX PROMINENT!!!

Ahhh, ok, ok, I see now!

Guide.html and your index.html need to be combined. You need to show people straight away why they need to sign up. The guide.html is a good idea but it doesn't excite me enough to make me want to sign up. Don't tell me a list of what I'm going to get when I sign up to your list, tell me the BENEFITS. I'm going to be free of all this terrible, soul destroying stress, I'm going to feel the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders, signing up to your list is going to be like a million orgasms condensed... see what I'm saying?

Oh, and as pretty as a blue Aweber form is... make that ****er RED and change the "sign up" text to "Free Instant Access", people LOVE free instant access and all my split testing has shown that to perform best for email sign ups.

I hope some of this helps, I normally charge an extortionate amount of money for this much advice

Let me know if you need more help or if there's stuff you don't understand, I've had a couple of beers so I'm probably rambling like f*ck.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by CoreysMonster
listen to Yakult, he knows his shit and smells of delicious yoghurt!

As a quick aside to TS: I didn't mean to make it sound like I'm not very impressed with your site, I just thought it's best to get straight down the nitty gritty! The idea's great and I'm sure it'll make you a few quid... just hold on to that drive and see this through. The internet's a brilliant, infuriating, lucrative business

(PS For the love of all things holy get Google Analytics set up on your site, it's free and it'll mean you can start testing visitors, conversion rates, sign up rates etc. Just do it! DO IT NOW! )

P.S

Quote by CoreysMonster
dude, automaticly playing audio? Not cool. Everyone hates that.

Actually auto playing audio increases conversion rates because it forces you to either visit the page, getting you to see it, or to turn off your music and listen
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at Jul 30, 2010,
Thanks Yakult - As soon as get myself back together I will make some changes!
But really, thanks a lot. I appreciate the time and effort
Autoplaying unstoppable videos are not cool. At the very least allow people to pause the video.