I have owned a Peavey Vypyr 30 modeling amp for about a year and a half and it's been working great for me. The only reason i need to buy a new amplifier is that I'm starting to amass a collection of pedals, and their tone is being muffled by the amp. I'm looking for a tube amplifier around 350-500 bucks with a great sounding clean channel, decent level of volume, and good portability (do not own a roadie yet, and gear is damn heavy.) any suggestions?
Look for something used, or maybe a good deal on a new Kustom Defender. I have one and the clean channel is very good and it takes pedals well.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
that's a nice looking amp, but I was also looking for one that has the ability to kick it into hard rock mode, you know what I mean?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by The Essentials
that's a nice looking amp, but I was also looking for one that has the ability to kick it into hard rock mode, you know what I mean?

It will, but unfortunately it's only one channel so it's clean or rock gain with no switching from one to the other. Or you'd have to dial in real fast while playing...
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe