Hey guys

I'm meant to go to a guitar store tommorow, and I'm going to try one of 2 pedals again, the Jemini distortion and the Blackstar Dual distortion.

Does anyone have any past experiences with this and tell me which one is better and more versatile? I play hard rock/metal, but i'd want something that would give me dirty cleans too.

The Blackstar has more of a rough aggressive sound which is perfect for metal but the Jemini has a smoother distortion for hard rock and soloing that I love, so can the Blackstar Dual pump out smooth distortion or is the Jemini good with metal?

I have a Epiphone Les Paul (Maybe a Schecter in the near future ) running to a Blackstar HT20 Combo
GIMME FUE GIMMA FAI GIMMA DABAJAZA

Fender American Strat > Korg Chromatic Tuner > Jemini Distortion > Boss DD7 > Blackstar HT 20
If you can play loud Im gonna recommend a bugera 333xl. If you equalize it right, you can get really smooth tones. I discovered that recently as I lowered the gain and raise the preamp volume. Real smooth, but heavy with lots of body.

The tone I used to have was great too, but it was too heavy. Im using it with the stock tubes and everything. Had it for over a year already
Nope, can't play loud and am happy enough with my Blackstar

I also can't try out any more pedals, since I've tried out all the store has and they don't really do anything for me. My store really doesn't have a whole wide range of pedals so I picked the diamonds in the coal mine and now I'm left to choose

Fender American Strat > Korg Chromatic Tuner > Jemini Distortion > Boss DD7 > Blackstar HT 20
^ ^what, he`s asking for pedal advice and you`re telling him to get a amp,when he`s already got a good amp.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 30, 2010,
Quote by nyandres
If you can play loud Im gonna recommend a bugera 333xl. If you equalize it right, you can get really smooth tones. I discovered that recently as I lowered the gain and raise the preamp volume. Real smooth, but heavy with lots of body.

The tone I used to have was great too, but it was too heavy. Im using it with the stock tubes and everything. Had it for over a year already

Did you even read the OP?

TS, the Jemini isn't really capable of heavier chuggachugga tones IMO. The Blackstar is just okay, a bit fizzy from my experience. If you can, try the Barber Dirty Bomb. It's great for high gain chug. Not the best for smooth solo tones but it's passable. For the price you could pick up an EQ as well to kick in to help with that a bit.

EDIT: Just remembered the 'dirty cleans' part. The Jemini is much more suited for that with the 808 clone side IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Jemini has 2 sides, and OD and DS, basically a Ibanez TS-9 and Boss DS-1, both modded and made to sound better. If you ever to get to look at the satchurator, it's basically another heavily modded DS-1 that is basically superior to the Boss BY FAR. Also check out The hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion an Valve Distortion. Both tasty.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
^ ^what, he`s asking for pedal advice and you`re telling him to get a amp,when he`s already got a good amp.

I thought he was getting that amp. I skimmed through it oops
Unfortunately I can't try out most of the pedals you guys are telling me to if I could then I would, believe me.

I also have my Blackstar's overdrive channel to handle any serious heavy metal, I just wanted to know what would be more versatile?