I have search for a guide that helps me, but I didn't find anything useful. I have an Ibanez RG 370DX and I bought EMG 81/85 pair of pickups and I want to replace my old stock pickups for the EMGs. Could someone could write a guide that helps me remove my stock pickups (INF3/INFS3/INF4) and install EMG 81 on bridge and EMG 85 on neck? BTW, my pair of EMG pickups are solderless.
depends on if theres enough space in the cavity for the battery. you will MOST LIKELY have to put in new pots. if you have no idea what you're doing, take it in to a pro, or at least someone who knows what they're doing.
EMGs are ridiculously easy to install. Do you have the 25K pots?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
just get a soldering iron and remove the wire from the pickups that go to the pickup selector switch and and wires going to the pots. Then remove and install your EMGS. done.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Message me when you get those installed. I have same guitar and I want to know how they work for you.
Seth
98' Peavey Wolfgang Special USA "Pat Pend"
Epiphone Les Paul ULTRA
Vintage V100
Fender Stickered Pinecaster Tele
Kramer 5150 Replica-GFS VEH
Fender DG41S NAT
Dean Acoustic
Peavey JSX 212
Line 6 Spider IV 150 212

EVH 5150 BUILD!
Quote by JLT73
just get a soldering iron and remove the wire from the pickups that go to the pickup selector switch and and wires going to the pots. Then remove and install your EMGS. done.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

do not do this.

If you bought your EMGs new you will have been supplied with the pots and output jack yeah?

I presume your remvoing the Single coil and leaving that space blank right as you wont be able to run it with the active EMGs.

Replace all the pots with the EMG 25k ones and the same with the input jack.

Then go to the EMG website, www.emginc.com and checkout the wiring diagrams they have on there, follow these instructions and your done.

Also make sure you get some foam and that your control cavity is properly shelided as this is where your 9v battery is going to live.

Your welcome,

Tom

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Dear everybody who registered in December,
Stop bumping really old threads. Send a PM to the person you want to ask a question.
Thanks.