I'm looking for a high-quality 4ft, 70lbs bag. I saw an Adidas one that looked good, but it was 6ft. I'd also need quality ceiling support/wall bracket.
Quote by TEK34
I know next to nothing about buying them, but I know a little bit about using them.

Same, this will be my first. I've a mate who's been teaching me, I've got a little cash, and I'd use it constantly.
yeah i do have to carry my nuts around all day
Quote by GmacD
pull down his pants, his dick is probly the size of a newborn moose

Quote by Union Jake
Found this quite funny.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
Found this quite SEARCH BAR
Quote by ethan_hanus
WTF for?

Boxing. Heavy bag is the proper name for one of those big punching bags.

I'd guess most big name brands would be fine, like Everlast or whoever. Most boxing gym's bags are stuck together using duct tape anyway.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I found an 80 lb 4 ft one at RevGear.
I'm more looking for information on brand quality, durability, and preferably based in the UK. Just for shipping tbh, 80lb across an ocean would **** me financially.

Because I'm a bitch for big names, the Lonsdale one looked to be the safest bet. I know the advertising in sports gear makes it impossible to tell which brands are the best.
Quote by TEK34
Boxing. Heavy bag is the proper name for one of those big punching bags.

I'd guess most big name brands would be fine, like Everlast or whoever. Most boxing gym's bags are stuck together using duct tape anyway.

Oh, well damnit, you damn brits and your skewed English.
Quote by UraniYum
I'm more looking for information on brand quality, durability, and preferably based in the UK. Just for shipping tbh, 80lb across an ocean would **** me financially.

Because I'm a bitch for big names, the Lonsdale one looked to be the safest bet. I know the advertising in sports gear makes it impossible to tell which brands are the best.

They don't sell 'em filled, but it still might not be what you're looking for.

Sorry 'bout that bro.
Quote by ethan_hanus

They're called heavy bags world wide, even in the US.
Quote by TEK34
They're called heavy bags world wide, even in the US.

I must live under a rather large rock then, cause I've never heard them called that.

Everyone knows what a punching bag is, that is a worldwide term.

Heavy bag could mean any kind of bag that is heavy.
Quote by ethan_hanus
I must live under a rather large rock then, cause I've never heard them called that.

Everyone knows what a punching bag is, that is a worldwide term.

Heavy bag could mean any kind of bag that is heavy.

Punching bag's a general term for bags made for punching, but there's different types. Heavy bags are the heavy ones.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']They don't sell 'em filled, but it still might not be what you're looking for.

Sorry 'bout that bro.
No apologies necessary man. Cheers.

Any personal experiences?

EDIT: Like the octupus fella said, punching bags can mean double end bags, speed bags and heavy bags.
Last edited by UraniYum at Jul 30, 2010,
Quote by UraniYum

EDIT: Like the octupus fella said, punching bags can mean double end bags, speed bags and heavy bags.

Love the name, thanks.
Quote by UraniYum

As far as personal experience goes, I had Everlast build me a custom 140lb bag. Not a cheap endeavor, of course. I love it though.
Genuinley though this thread was "anyone here got any experience with heavy Bangs".

And i was all ready to give you advice on loving the bigger lady.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
Genuinley though this thread was "anyone here got any experience with heavy Bangs".

And i was all ready to give you advice on loving the bigger lady.

Man, I've been there. Doggy works, if you're THAT desperate. Out of curiosity though, what advice would you give?

And yer man with the Everlast, that is a particularly awesome thing to have. I have ridiculously weak ceilings though, cannot compete with your 140lb bag.
Quote by ethan_hanus

yeah, damn them English and their crappy English!

i would suggest very good support for whatever you're hanging it off of
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by bass-man9712
yeah, damn them English and their crappy English!

i would suggest very good support for whatever you're hanging it off of

I'm hoping to find one with a combined roof hook, and wall bracket.
The ones made for Muay Thai are excellent and very durable as they are made to withstand kicks, knees, and elbows as well. Check out Fairtex brand heavy bags. I'm sure they have 70lb ones.
Quote by TEK34
You can get floor stands, can't you?

My place has 2-3" sound insulation underneath a 2" carpet. Wouldn't work too well.

^ Good man I'll check em out.
Last edited by UraniYum at Jul 30, 2010,
Quote by UraniYum
Man, I've been there. Doggy works, if you're THAT desperate. Out of curiosity though, what advice would you give?

And yer man with the Everlast, that is a particularly awesome thing to have. I have ridiculously weak ceilings though, cannot compete with your 140lb bag.

Put a pie on the floor so she bends over then give her a right good rogering up the chuff.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.