So, after finally getting enough cash together and deciding what I finally wanted.. I ordered this little thing from Musician's Friend not too long ago. This is sort of a belated NAD, I will admit, I've been busy and have had too much fun messing with this to take the time to make a thread for it. But now I am. SO without further ado.. Here's the NAD pr0n

A Blackstar.. Hmm..

Oh, look at that, a handy single-button footswitch for switching channels.. BUT WHO IS AMP?! (I apologize for this)

Oh, I see now.. A Blackstar HT-5 Combo!

And here's a nice shot of my full set-up..

My Crate V50 has literally just become a stand for the amp. It hasn't been used since I got this thing.
I paid $399.99 brand new (USD), and the footswitch was included.

REVIEW: Right out of the box, my mouth dropped open. It's a sexy amp, for sure. The moment I turned it on, the clean channel was awesome. But that's not why I got this.. So I plugged in the footswitch and BAM, overdrive channel is just.. Amazing. I have no words to describe this thing. It can handle metal on it's own, but even still I bought some pedals to go along with it.. (Hint I made a NPD as well, AND a NGD)
The ISF is awesome, it can go from Marshall to Mesa with the turn on the knob. I personally like it on the USA side, but that's subjective. I've messed with this for a few days and I can't find a tone I don't like.
My favorite thing about it is the headphone jack. I can still jam out late at night when my grandfather is sleeping and keep the awesome tone.

What a great purchase in my opinion. NOW, go check out my other New Gear Day threads, please!
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Jul 30, 2010,
Happy new gear day(s)

time to edit that sig!

have fun man!
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Happy new gear day(s)

time to edit that sig!

have fun man!

Oh yeah, I did that right after I submitted my threads.

It's such a drastic improvement from my V50, at least for my style of playing.
HNAD day. Should have bought from me :P.

Its a fun little amp for what it is
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
What was wrong with the V50?

oh and HNAD

It's OD channel is very muddy when it gets past 5, it's not a metal amp in any sense. It's more for classic/light rock, blues, and the like.

Oh, and 50 watts? TOO LOUD. I am solely bedroom. I only have the V50 because I traded an old acoustic for it, and it was my first tube amp. Have to start somewhere!
HNAD!! I have the Head version of your combo and I agree with you, it sounds so great!! Great metal tones and good clean tones! I forgot to do a nad when I got it But I will do a NGD when xmas arrives (hint: look in my sig! mwahahah)
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H