Huzzah, this is my last New Gear Day thread for now.

I picked this guy up in a trade off CraigsList.. Here's some pics..

An Ibanez RG, it seems?

Well here it is chilling with my Schecter..

And here it is..

It's an Ibanez RG2EX2. I traded my LTD H-100 for it. This was seriously such a good trade for me. The LTD wasn't that great of a guitar.. But I bought it off Craigslist for $100 a few months back. I Emailed the guy maybe 5 minutes after he posted this Ibanez, and bam he said yes to the trade right away.

Well here's a review
The neck is quite thin, obviously.. It's an Ibanez. I like it, but I'm not too big of a fan of thin necks. My Schecter's neck is quite thick and I like it more, but I bought this to try and get into soloing. When I first got it from him, it was missing the high E and had an underbow in the neck. that was a pretty easy fix and now it's shreddably low action and it plays very fast. I've got it in dropped D tuning and it works fantastic. Now here's the thing that I love about it.. Like my Schecter, it has coil-splitting. Not in a push-pull pot, but a 5-way selector switch. It's pretty sweet. The V7 and V8 humbuckers handle distortion great. I have no complaints about the guitar. Oh I should mention the truss rod cover is just off because of the adjustment I made.

Combine this with my new amp and new pedals, and I have everything I want basically for my rig.
nice!

pley some br00t4lz!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Lol I'm not one for da br00tz but I wouldn't be surprised if this thing could handle drop Q death metal..

ha i bet it could!

well have fun!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
hahaha drop Q death metal

Happy New Guitar Day!!!
Last edited by guitaristren at Jul 30, 2010,
I saw this on the NH craigslist too. Looked yummy. Still does.

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
I saw this on the NH craigslist too. Looked yummy. Still does.

HNGD!

Yeah he never deleted his ad, I noticed

I grabbed it right away