Oh mah gosh another New Gear Day thread from me. Well this is a New Pedal Day thread. Or should I say.. New Pedals Day thread.

Here's some pics first off:

I bought a Danelectro Fish and Chips 7-band EQ, and a Digitech Bad Monkey. I'm using the Bad Monkey as a boost for my HT-5 (Go check out my other New Gear Day threads, please!), and it works wonderful. I turn the gain all the way down, crank the level to max, and set the lows and highs where it sounds best. What a good boost, and cheap too. I got it for $43 brand new off Musician's Friend.

The Fish and Chips is just as good, it REALLY helps shape my tone, I can use this thing for boost too if I set the level higher, or just use it for a basic EQ. I've messed with it slightly, but I found a tone I liked pretty fast and haven't touched it much. Soon enough I'll sit there and mess with it.

With the EQ combined with the Bad Monkey, my HT-5 is ripping for metal. I never thought I could find a tone that I'd love so much, but hell, I did.
hnad

but boost those mids on that eq before i kill someone lol
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Quote by Karpet King

Wut?
They are not even half way cut, they are just at a perfect spot.
theyre not boosted tho
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Quote by Karpet King

Agreed!
Ibanez 540R
Ibanez RG1421F Prestige
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG120
Charvel 275DLX
Peavey Grind BXP 6-string Bass
They look nice.

Happy new pedals day man!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I don't scoop or cut out my mids, but I don't boost them either. I keep them relatively around half no matter what I play. I can't stand scooped mids, but I can't stand boosted ones either.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I don't scoop or cut out my mids, but I don't boost them either. I keep them relatively around half no matter what I play. I can't stand scooped mids, but I can't stand boosted ones either.

i was just kidding with you if its your preference than stick with it
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Might buy that bad monkey for MY ht 5! I just need sumin to boost the solos and that seems like the one!
^why did you bump this thread to tell us that? If you have a question, post a thread. If you want to tell us you have GAS for Bad Monkey, there are a variety of threads you can do that in.

Edit: I see you've started a thread. Still not sure why you bumped this NGD thread.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 23, 2010,
Quote by Karpet King

The HT-5 has a pretty ridiculous mid hump that becomes very noticeable as the gain goes up that can drown out the harmonics on the low and high ends. It really has to be reigned in.