Today I went to the music store in my city and I picked up a really nice Fender P-Bass and plugged it in this combo amp I found. It sounded AMAZING. But here in my city there's like only one music store where you can try out stuff (with a VERY limited catalogue I must say) and the people who work there are kinda assholes so the dude told me I couldn't try out the P-Bass cause it was "too expensive for me" and that I'd "dent it or damage it" and he proceeded to give me an old Yamaha RBX-270 bass with some pen markings on it and said "here, try this out" I plugged it in and tried it out. I won't say it sounded the same but the sound was still GREAT. So I'm thinking the amp must've been kinda good. I checked the model out and found out that it was a:

Line 6 LowDown LD175.

Do any of you know anything about this amp? Is it good to be my first gigging amp?

My current amp is a Yamaha F-20B. My current bass is a Yamaha RBX-170.

My birthday is in September and all I've asked for is money. I was planning on buying a new bass with that money (possibly an Ibanez) but now I'm thinking of buying this amp... Which one would be more worth it?

EDIT: Questions in BOLD.
Last edited by Silveroon009 at Jul 30, 2010,
You eed a new amp more than a new bass.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I say go for the amp.
I think that a crappy bass through a good amp sounds better than a good bass through a crappy amp.
And your bass isn't crappy either, it's just not awesome, so the sounds gonna be a lot better with the amp.
Honestly, a fender p bass will sound good in a lot of the amps. When you play a high output bass, and the amp still sound very nice; then that is the amp I would consider.
Quote by Skeletomania
Honestly, a fender p bass will sound good in a lot of the amps. When you play a high output bass, and the amp still sound very nice; then that is the amp I would consider.

Would a Yamaha RBX-270 be considered a high output bass??
Quote by Silveroon009
Would a Yamaha RBX-270 be considered a high output bass??

Nah no way, Active basses would be higher output, there's a slew of HOT passives out there as well.