Hi people

Well, I've got a LTD deluxe EC-1000, 2 boss pedals, one is a Metalcore ML-2 and the other is and Equalizer GE-7, and I've got a Line 6 Spider III amp 120W...I know my gear is not the best but thats all there is now..
The thing is Im trying to get a good Metalsound from this, and I just decided to go for it, but when i stop the sound of the guitar whith my right hand i always get this harmonic like sound which is really annoying I was trying to lower all the trebles in the guitar as well as the pedals and as well as the amp, but i still get it...then i was really confused cause i can equalize in my guitar as well as the pedals and in the amp as well, so i dont know how to equalize it all together so it gives me a cool sound, you know, metalcore like, and it stops giving me that annoying little sound when stop it with my right hand!

Hope you can help me guys thank you!
Dont use the ML-2 through the spider, modellers do not take effect pedals like Distortion etc well.

I have the same amp as you (and an EC-1000 for that matter), and dont get that amount of feedback. So I'd not use the ML-2 and see if that solves your problem first.

If not try turning the gain down on the spider
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
Dont use the ML-2 through the spider, modellers do not take effect pedals like Distortion etc well.

I have the same amp as you (and an EC-1000 for that matter), and dont get that amount of feedback. So I'd not use the ML-2 and see if that solves your problem first.

What he said. Also, the EMG's your guitar is equipped with (IIRC) tend to generate feedback easier, as there's much more gain going into the amp.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Probably going to get flamed all over here, but there are some opinions to not use Distortion pedals with amp gain. Overdrive pedals ok, but not Distortion. Just throwing that out there to see what happens.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
Garbage in = garbage out.

Your Line 6 modeling amp creates sound by taking a clean guitar signal and digitally processing it into something resembling the output of a lot of complex analog circuits. If you dump the signal from a metal distortion pedal into a modeling amp it doesn’t know what to do with the numerous harmonics, the hiss, the static pops, etc.

You need to find a local musician who can teach you how to get a good metal sound out of your amp without the pedal—which is possible with the 120Watt Spider amps.
Quote by Shredx

Thanks man

the thing is i set the spider so it gives me a clean sound only, so i can use the pedals because i wanted a more compact distortion, and because i cannot always take my amp with me....any ideas? thank you
Quote by Ratraisin
Probably going to get flamed all over here, but there are some opinions to not use Distortion pedals with amp gain. Overdrive pedals ok, but not Distortion. Just throwing that out there to see what happens.

Thanks man

the thing is i set the spider so it gives me a clean sound only, so i can use the pedals because i wanted a more compact distortion, and because i cannot always take my amp with me....any ideas? thank you
Quote by jpnyc
Garbage in = garbage out.

Your Line 6 modeling amp creates sound by taking a clean guitar signal and digitally processing it into something resembling the output of a lot of complex analog circuits. If you dump the signal from a metal distortion pedal into a modeling amp it doesn’t know what to do with the numerous harmonics, the hiss, the static pops, etc.

You need to find a local musician who can teach you how to get a good metal sound out of your amp without the pedal—which is possible with the 120Watt Spider amps.

Thanks man

Don't use pedals or EMGs with a modeling amp. It's a recipe for disaster. Sell everything, except the guitar, and invest in a hi-gain tube amp
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10