Anyone know any bass magazines that are good?
I've seen a few but i want opinions from other bassists
I get Bass Player, I like it. But I haven't read any other magazines about basses so I don't know how it compares to others.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Of the two jazz_rock_feel mentions, Bass Guitar is probably the better, but in a relative sense.

Bass Player was a decent mag about 4 years ago. It has suffered from numerous editorial make overs and is so light in content recently it's ridiculous. While Bass Guitar seems much better focused on what is going on in the industry, its one of those mags that can be hit and miss each month. My advice? Buy them from your newsstand when the articles grab you and avoid a subscription.

For online sources for bass related news, check out Bass, no treble. http://www.notreble.com/
Give Bass gear magazine a read. You can either pay for a magazine subscription, or read the free ebook version. It's loaded w/ tons of well thought out articles, and non of the fluff of Bass Guitar Magazine.
Last edited by Skeletomania at Jul 31, 2010,
^I found them through Facebook, and they are a really solid site. Plus the folks that run the site haven't gotten so distanced from their readers as to be clueless.
Quote by anarkee
^I found them through Facebook, and they are a really solid site. Plus the folks that run the site haven't gotten so distanced from their readers as to be clueless.

Thanks for the info! Up until now i've just been reading guitar world magazines haha
That website is pretty cool!

Thanks for the tips everyone!