ok so finally after a year of pondering over what amp to get, i ended up with enough money to buy one and had decided what i would buy.......

shot of the control panel

VOX AC15VR ok so now i need to review this thing .....at first i wondered, is this gonna be another amp like the smaller watt valvetronix ones.....i shouldnt have thought that at all, the cleans on this thing are amazing and the way vox have set up the tubes inside mean that if you crank the master it reall does sound nearly like a tube amp. then by cranking the 'normal' channels volume it starts to break up as a normal tube amp would and gets a light distortion sound.

The first distortion channel is meant to be similar to the full tube versions of this amp and i think it fulfills that fairly well, using the master on high as i do with the clean channel it sounds like tube distotion and is near enough for me

The second distortion channel is slightly heavier and allows for some higher gain rock. Some people say they dont like that vox included this channel but i prefer it to the other distortion, it sounds very good, especially with some boost from an od pedal it can sound great, really love this channel but still it doesnt beat the cleans on this thing

bad things id say are the reverb cant be turned truely off and its only the dial that you turn all the way down for no reverb which means reverb cannot be kicked in half way through a song . But hey i can put up with that now i just need a footpedal for the thing

Overall im really happy with this as my first step into tube world, and im making use of it and my delays to play some u2 stuff cant really fault this thing appart from the reverb.

thanks lewis

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
nice hnad
And if I don't see ya, in a long, long while

I'll try to find you

Left of the dial
HNAD

sexy amps

hey why did you say 'it sounds nearly like a tube amp'? I didn't get that.

I'm not good with this stuff but there might be some kind of RCA switch that would allow you to intercept those RCA cables and turn it on and off. hmmm.....
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
HNAD

sexy amps

hey why did you say 'it sounds nearly like a tube amp'? I didn't get that.

I'm not good with this stuff but there might be some kind of RCA switch that would allow you to intercept those RCA cables and turn it on and off. hmmm.....

i said that bcoz its not a full tube amp....most hybrid amps are very good i will admit but this seems to be closer to the tube sound, especially with the cleans.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Sorry. I missed the Valve Reactor part

Clips?

haha yeah its vr

il get some clips up tommorow, tis a bit late here in england now

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
So, I take it the Reverb is done with DSP or does it actually have a reverb pan?

yeah its dsp, havent really used it a whole lot to be honest, not a huge fan of reverb, but it doesnt sound bad still. im just waiting on my friends usb interface to do some recordings still, theyl be up by the end of today

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
congrats, how much are those things? i haven't seen them in the store, are they replacing the VT amps?
I'm pretty sure they aren't replacing the VT's, they don't really have any modeling abilities, they're just supposed to mimic the real AC15 and AC30 closely. I believe the AC15VR is about $380 and the AC30VR is about $550.
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender American Special Strat
Assorted Boss and Hardwire pedals
Vox AC15C1
Quote by DManTech
I'm pretty sure they aren't replacing the VT's, they don't really have any modeling abilities, they're just supposed to mimic the real AC15 and AC30 closely. I believe the AC15VR is about $380 and the AC30VR is about $550.

that makes sense, cool, thanks.
HNAD!

What are these ones like compared to the olcer models, i have the old vr30 and its pretty good.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
HNAD!

What are these ones like compared to the olcer models, i have the old vr30 and its pretty good.

i havent a clue...ive never played an older one lol, all i can say is the cleans are amazing, the first od is very much like vox od and the 2nd just pushes it a bit further and gives a range of sounds

i have everything i need to do clips now, so i will get recording and get them up asap

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by lewisg1
i havent a clue...ive never played an older one lol, all i can say is the cleans are amazing, the first od is very much like vox od and the 2nd just pushes it a bit further and gives a range of sounds

i have everything i need to do clips now, so i will get recording and get them up asap

Awesome, can't wait to hear it. I'm really considering getting the AC15VR once I sell some more stuff. Of course I want to spring for the all-tube AC15 but it's a lot harder to justify in terms of cost. Your review makes me think the 15VR might be great for now, and it's also a lot lighter than the all-tube version (36lbs vs. 50lbs, I think).
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AC15C1
Quote by DManTech
Awesome, can't wait to hear it. I'm really considering getting the AC15VR once I sell some more stuff. Of course I want to spring for the all-tube AC15 but it's a lot harder to justify in terms of cost. Your review makes me think the 15VR might be great for now, and it's also a lot lighter than the all-tube version (36lbs vs. 50lbs, I think).

yeah, well there was no way i could afford the full tube version (altough i did play the thing a loved it) so i looked at the next best thing does the job fine for me.

Had it at band today and my god this is stupidly loud for a 15 watt. got over a drummer on half easily, had to crank up to 3/4 when my drummer got into it but still managed to keep up. Got some good clean headroom too, does distort eventually and sounds just like a tube amp would when it distorts on the clean channel.

I promise i will get those clips up asap xD il even get up early to get them done.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
ok the clips are now up on my profile my mic didnt handle the higher gain channel so well, but youl have to live with that haha, unless anyone has advice on where to put the mic for better sound? only my 2nd time recording with a mic, i tried my best

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Ugh.. that power switch is so ugly. Shame really. Apparently they're really good amps. Confrabulations to you, mate. I hope it serves you well. I have a lot of trust in Vox.
F*ck me that sounds so much better than I expected, especially the cleans. First time I've had GAS for a SS amp in a very long time. I have heard of these before but never really payed attention because of a bit of tube snobbery I guess

Great clips and HNAD
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Nice recordings man, I really like the way that sounds. The gain channel seemed a little...thin, but I'm guessing that was just the mic as you said.

Congrats, sounds like a great amp.
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AC15C1
thanks for all the hnad's and yeah it was definatly the mic, sounds great it real life, the mic is just cheap and i dont even know what the mic is lol

Thankyouuuuu, lewiss

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!