I have a Boss Metal Zone that I love but I got an offer to trade it for a Digitech Death Metal Pedal. Are they any good? Also how does it compare to a Metal Core? I know mine costs twice what his cost brand new though so if I trade Ill do it for like an extra 40 bucks or something? I just wanna know how they compare.
They're all bad.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
I had a Digitech Death Metal pedal. One of the worst distortion pedals I've ever heard. I gave it away. The Metal Zone is the best of the three, although none are very good, but that isn't the point. Keep the Metal Zone.

^This too. The hardwire pedals actually aren't bad.
what they mean is they all take a lot of fine tuning to get a good sound out of them, my old digitech death metal can get some really nice lows on it but the highs are just crap, try out all three pedals and see which one you can get the nicest sound out of and how nice the sound is
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
Quote by Echoplex
Hardwire TL-2 is better. I have experience with all of those.

This, it's also like $71 on musiciansfriend or GC.com right now. I just got one and I really love it. The barber dirty bomb is also godly.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by lolometer1
what they mean is they all take a lot of fine tuning to get a good sound out of them, my old digitech death metal can get some really nice lows on it but the highs are just crap, try out all three pedals and see which one you can get the nicest sound out of and how nice the sound is

no, I really mean they suck
i had the MT2 and i don't think it was terrible. it could really only get one or two good sounds out of it, but if those were the sounds you're looking for, it's a great pedal.

but that said, they are much better pedals.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
distortion pedals for metal = what the fax just get a good amp and an overdrive
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Matt15f
distortion pedals for metal = what the fax just get a good amp and an overdrive

Fail.

Apparently you've never heard of the Boss HM-2.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I agree with the TS - I used to use an MT-2, and after playing with the settings for a couple of days, I actually got it to sound good.

It's definitely better than any of the offers. The Death Metal pedal is horrible imo, and the metalcore is wayy too trebly/thin. I couldn't get any desirable sounds out of that one in the time I've messed with it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Wow, I really love the responses... "Sucks balls", "Sounds crap", "Sucks ass", and yet no good explanation why?
I guess you guys are overloaded with the "best of the best" gear so everything else than what you've got yourself sucks balls, right? Thought it was something like that yeah...
Also remember that those aren't really expensive pedals, mhm? So they are probably good for their price.

I've also seen that as good as no one likes the Line 6 spiders... What the heck do you have against it? I've got the Spider Jam 75w and it sounds very good. Yet again it's probably because "MY GEAR IS THE BEST OMFGSZ", right? Gosh...
Here are the dirt boxes in the 90 dollar range that get the job done. Metal zone, Metal muff, Son of Hyde, maybe the TL-2. Dirt boxes that suck ass. Metal core, fullbore, ubermetal. Some people may like the last three i don't .
Quote by Espy
Wow, I really love the responses... "Sucks balls", "Sounds crap", "Sucks ass", and yet no good explanation why?
I guess you guys are overloaded with the "best of the best" gear so everything else than what you've got yourself sucks balls, right? Thought it was something like that yeah...
Also remember that those aren't really expensive pedals, mhm? So they are probably good for their price.

I've also seen that as good as no one likes the Line 6 spiders... What the heck do you have against it? I've got the Spider Jam 75w and it sounds very good. Yet again it's probably because "MY GEAR IS THE BEST OMFGSZ", right? Gosh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWlE1V_lnAQ&feature=related
BTW I don't like spiders i've had a lot of experience playing through them as well, they do sound crap and the only thing there passable at being is a practice amp. I've had a metal zone and my tone sucked cause i was a n00b at the time so didnt know better. My current tube combo cost me £300 on the used market and i've never spent more than £400 on a guitar to date. So shhst
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Aug 7, 2010,
Quote by Darkflame
the 3 of em are horrible pedals

They all blow balls, and are a complete waste of money. They should be melted down or thrown into a dumpster.

Instead, you should get an interface bundled with a program, which is cheaper and better.

I'll explain why they suck balls right now.
Their tone is terrible and generic, poor quality, and for a horrible horrible price.

You know that Metal Zone pos? I can get that effect plus over 50 more effects and amps for the same, or maybe less of a price. What does the MT-2 cost, 120 dollars?

I can get Amplitube Metal for 99 dollars.
Last edited by Clay-man at Aug 7, 2010,
I used to have a Metal Zone pedal, and it got the job done. I never really liked it that much, but I don't like stompbox distortion very much anyway. But it was nice to have when i was beginning. I would keep it.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
I don't have any experience with the Boss pedals besides playing them in a store, and I could not for the life of me find a useable tone. No matter how I adjusted the tone stacks they both just produced the same buzzy, recycled 'metal' tone.

Now the Digitech Death Metal, what a horrible piece of garbage. I honestly don't know how, but I ended up with two of these in my possession at one time. I think someone stuck them in the back of my cab at band practice just to get rid of the things. I spent days messing with them trying to make something out of my 'good fortune', but it is just so thin and fizzy. Honestly, I ended up just taking them down to the recycling plant.
i have the digitech death metal. i think its a really good pedal. i used to have a line 6 spider amp and i thought all the on board effects were complete rubish.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Wasps vs Flys Vs Bees in a tincan

I'll take wasps and bees
Epiphone Evolution Explorer EMG'd Euaaahhh
Fender Squier Standard Stratocaster
Peavey Vypyr 75w W/Sanpera I