guys i noticed when i'm talking with other musicians lately i feel like i don't understand what parts they mean. like for example, i don't know what a hardtail is, floating tremelo, archtop, floating bridge i think one of them is and i don't think i know what the difference between a semi and a full hollowbody is. can anyone help me here?

wait, i think i might know what the difference between the two are, the fully hollowbody is thicker, right? and a semi is like a es-335?
I'm pretty sure there's a terminology thread around here somewhere, but I don't remember where. Hopefully someone will link it. If not, then I'll go through all of ti.

EDIT: This isn't the one I was thinking of, but it will work well.


Scroll down to Electric Guitar 101, and it has a picture of a Gibson Les Paul, a Fender Stratocaster and an Ibanez RG. Between the three you will find almost every part that is commonly used on guitars.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jul 30, 2010,