Sorry if i mispelled the mode but i was wondering what good scale would fit with the key of E aeolien. I cudnt get a good rock solo going i got stuck bc i used a differnt struming pattern in rythm any help ideas or what not?
There's no such thing as Aeolian key. Just a note to add to DiminishedFifth's post.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Once again... you're talking about E Minor. There's no Key of a Mode (yet).

And... E Minor works in the key of E Minor. If you have your key, then you know what scale you can use.
The key of the song is E? Then play E Major. Unless you meant E Minor. If so, play E Minor. What's the problem?
i don't know why i feel so dry
Don't worry, the posters here know what modes are.

They're just pointing out that you really mean the minor key. Minor keys have associated minor scales. Aeolian does share the same notes, but is not strictly the same.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
What are you talking about bro Aeolian is a minor scale its a mode. I know E minor. Key of the song E minor..... Mode used Aeolian(pure minor)
Quote by mcr tabs
What are you talking about bro Aeolian is a minor scale its a mode. I know E minor. Key of the song E minor..... Mode used Aeolian(pure minor)

If the song is in E minor, use the scale E minor. That's all there is to it. Modes are an entirely different form of music. There is no such thing as an "Aeolian key." It's as simple as that. We're not trying to be rude, but we are right and you are wrong. Just learn from what we are saying here.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Just try it matey. Play E minor over your "aeolian" progression.
Soundcloud
Quote by mcr tabs

You seem to have it figured out... I don't see the problem...

Just trust us. You came here for advice, and we gave it. Try it and see how it sounds.
Hey while we're on the topic, how would you approach writing a piece in E Aeolian? It would seem extremely hard because it would pull towards E minor instead?
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Hey while we're on the topic, how would you approach writing a piece in E Aeolian? It would seem extremely hard because it would pull towards E minor instead?

The only way I've ever seen/tried is a i - v vamp. Without the V it keeps a relatively easy harmony.

Luckily I have a link for that!
Aeolian!
Quote by DiminishedFifth
The only way I've ever seen/tried is a i - v vamp. Without the V it keeps a relatively easy harmony.

Luckily I have a link for that!
Aeolian!

Thanks for not giving me a google link right there.
Soundcloud
When you try righting something in an Aeolian by using a v, you really start to realize the difference when you stop hearing the 7 and 6.
i don't know why i feel so dry