I'm wanting to play something for the talent show at my school before i graduate and I only have 1 more chance and since singers are hard to come by I was wondering if there was any good metal instrumentals I could do. I thought about doing Canto by Five Finger Death Punch but it sounds kinda "iffy" for my skill level but I plan on learning it as a last hope if I can't find something else. Oh and sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread I wasn't too sure where to put it, thanks.
Voice Of The Soul. Anything else is wrong.
Quote by PluckU
OH **** YOU says the computer, YOU MAY ONLY HAVE 1, READ IT, ONE AUDIO TRACK >:O I then i got pissed off and through my tuner against a wall
Is this just guitar or a full band ?
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
The Faceless - Akaldama...there's words at the beginning but it's spoken
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Quote by snowolf9310
I'm wanting to play something for the talent show at my school before i graduate and I only have 1 more chance and since singers are hard to come by I was wondering if there was any good metal instrumentals I could do. I thought about doing Canto by Five Finger Death Punch but it sounds kinda "iffy" for my skill level but I plan on learning it as a last hope if I can't find something else. Oh and sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread I wasn't too sure where to put it, thanks.

more like five finger GAYpunch
metal by yourself (just guitar) is probably gonna sound weak, unless you are phenomenal. If you get a backing track at least that would help a shiton or just a band haha. But if your looking for instrumental metal at a medium skill level would be some of Lamb of God, get rid of the vocals and you have some decent riffage there. Also scale the summit is a great option, not sure if your into them though, they arent very heavy, but they are good. Periphery has a whole album without vocals and that shtuffs complex and heavy. give us some more bands you like so we arent recommending stuff you hate haha
Transylvania is a good choice for something probably a little better known, and wouldn't be too hard to pick up. Other choices mentioned are all good too.
The Jester's Dance by In Flames is easy, but you'd probz need a drum track or something for it to sound even decent.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by illuminatiano
Is this just guitar or a full band ?

I should have a full band except for a singer
Quote by Xezus
metal by yourself (just guitar) is probably gonna sound weak, unless you are phenomenal. If you get a backing track at least that would help a shiton or just a band haha. But if your looking for instrumental metal at a medium skill level would be some of Lamb of God, get rid of the vocals and you have some decent riffage there. Also scale the summit is a great option, not sure if your into them though, they arent very heavy, but they are good. Periphery has a whole album without vocals and that shtuffs complex and heavy. give us some more bands you like so we arent recommending stuff you hate haha

I like the typical stuff like you said Lamb of God, From Autumn to Ashes, Avenged Sevenfold, As Blood Runs Black, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, just whatever I have an open mind =)
Quote by HostileFTW

Sounds bad ass but It's way out of my skill range lol
Quote by dillonrips7
Tempting Time - Animals As Leaders

erm, unless you expect OP to string skip sweep through an 8-string then I don't really think that's such a fantastic idea.

edit : Voice of the Soul isn't hard, all you need is two guitars and a good sense of keeping time.
Last edited by illuminatiano at Jul 31, 2010,
I was going to say Pelican but then I read the thread and now I'm just going to leave.
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

Quote by HostileFTW

I think he asked for instrumental metal though, not some acoustic stuff being wanked over.
Quote by webbtje
I think he asked for instrumental metal though, not some acoustic stuff being wanked over.

You just don't, like get it, man.

TS, I guess your best shot would be to take a known metal song with lyrics, and just strip the vocals.
Hmm... assuming you're proficient at guitar, you could try playing something off John Petrucci's solo album, or any of Andy James' stuff.

Or just take an ordinary metal song and strip the vocals and there you go.
Quote by webbtje

Bad Webb
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
There's alot of guitar-play in Iron Maiden's Phantom of the Opera, even without vocals it would probably sound cool. It's not very hard either.
Quote by HostileFTW

+1, Hell yeah! Best instrumental... EVER!
Ibanez 540R
Ibanez RG1421F Prestige
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG120
Charvel 275DLX
Peavey Grind BXP 6-string Bass
When I heard of Queens of Stone Age, I thought they were one of those super awesome heavy old school metal bands from the seventies! But I was disappointed to find out they're not, In my opinion they're not the best band in the world.
Quote by HostileFTW

THis is what I played for my music performance AS, go with it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
You have to understand that without vocals, the audience's main focus is the guitar. Unless your actually a really good guitar player and can do sweeping and solos and shit, your going to suck.
that's correct kids, if you can't sweep, you're going to suck live
Quote by TheEvilAxeman
You have to understand that without vocals, the audience's main focus is the guitar. Unless your actually a really good guitar player and can do sweeping and solos and shit, your going to suck.

Of course, because the only possible test of a guitarists skill and stage presence is the amount of masturbatory bells and whistles they use to hide their basic deficiencies. How many sweeps did Iommi do, again? Yeah, that's right, not all that many, and yet - well, I guess some people took note, eh? Or what about Downing? Richie Blackmore? Kurt Cobain? Friedmen? Hammet? Your playing and energy are what matters, not how fast your fingers move if the song doesn't dictate it.
Quote by atDstar@aol.com
Of course, because the only possible test of a guitarists skill and stage presence is the amount of masturbatory bells and whistles they use to hide their basic deficiencies. How many sweeps did Iommi do, again? Yeah, that's right, not all that many, and yet - well, I guess some people took note, eh? Or what about Downing? Richie Blackmore? Kurt Cobain? Friedmen? Hammet? Your playing and energy are what matters, not how fast your fingers move if the song doesn't dictate it.

You're a bit silly, aren't you?
How about some song off of Chris Poland's Metalopolis??? It's pretty good.

ron666
Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan
Michael Schenker - into the arena
Randy Rhoads' live solo spot (Song Suicide solution live)
Quiet Riot - Battle axe
Scorpions - Coast to coast
Scorpions - Sails of Charon (only the intro)
CHON. duh
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist