This is totally hypothetical, but i've been looking at british voiced metal amps, and I wanna ask what is UG's favorite Brit voiced amp for metal? I like the Orange T-Bird a lot. Also, I Hate Marshalls. Never really cared for them. Thanks guys.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
This is totally hypothetical, but i've been looking at british voiced metal amps, and I wanna ask what is UG's favorite Brit voiced amp for metal? I like the Orange T-Bird a lot. Also, I Hate Marshalls. Never really cared for them. Thanks guys.

Why?

Orange is great, although I've no idea which of their line would best be suited for metal.

Orange is also very expensive as well.

I love British-voiced amps, but ironically am not very well-versed in them.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by NosralTserrof

are you asking our advice on which amp to get or are you just asking a general question?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
are you asking our advice on which amp to get or are you just asking a general question?

Both.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Depends what metal you want. 80's hair and speed metal, some thrash; Marshall JCM800.
Quote by littlephil
Depends what metal you want. 80's hair and speed metal, some thrash; Marshall JCM800.

He just said that he hates Marshalls.

On topic: May I suggest something made by Laney or Blackstar?
Last edited by guitaristren at Jul 31, 2010,
Quote by NosralTserrof
Both.

In that case, JCM800 hands down. it's the definitive Brit amp for metal.

but if you want something brit voiced for metal and you don't like marshall, then you're going to have a hard time. nine times out of ten, when someone is talking about a british sounds as opposed to an american sound, it's Marshall Vs. Fender.

made in britan =/= british voiced.

Quote by guitaristren
He just said that he hates Marshals.

Quote by NosralTserrof

way to read the OP.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jul 31, 2010,
Quote by guitaristren
He just said that he hates Marshalls.

On topic: May I suggest something made by Laney or Blackstar?

Back at you.
He never said what Marshalls he's tried, and I'd wager that its just MGs and he's jumping on a bandwagon.
And, I never suggested he get (or even try one), I was giving my opinion on what I think the best British voiced metal amp is.
Quote by littlephil
Back at you.
He never said what Marshalls he's tried, and I'd wager that its just MGs and he's jumping on a bandwagon.
And, I never suggested he get (or even try one), I was giving my opinion on what I think the best British voiced metal amp is.

Hmm. Fair enough.
laney GH/VH/TI etc, blackstar HT 100/40/20 etc, orange thunder/rocker, laboga mr hector, i know you said you dont like marshalls, but check out the new jvm series if you havent already, they (to my ears) are not your typical marshall tone and are thicker and not fizzy etc.

i think that about covers it
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Saying you want British Metal tone but you hate Marshalls is kinda like saying you want Dream Theater tone but you hate Mesa Boogie.

However Splawn makes some dang awesome amps. Orange too. Man I played my band's other guitarist's new Rocker 30 with a Pro Tone DS pedal the other day, rippin metal tone. It was great.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
If by british voiced you mean closer to the original hi-gain marshall sound rather then a modern voiced amp...

The new CAA PT100 that will be released later this year will destroy everything. Pete Thorn says so.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Splawn QR
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I love my Laney TT50.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Laney VH100R, totally british voiced & suitable for metal because of the amazing clean channel on it. The gain channel is heavy & middy as well.
To TS, what kind of metal are you after because if your after the 80's tones the jcm800 is the way to go. If your after a more modern metal tone then thats a completly different story...

Quote by vishal_metalhed
Laney VH100R, totally british voiced & suitable for metal because of the amazing clean channel on it. The gain channel is heavy & middy as well.

wow... i've never heard metal described that way before
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by Guitar-KID125
To TS, what kind of metal are you after because if your after the 80's tones the jcm800 is the way to go. If your after a more modern metal tone then thats a completly different story...

wow... i've never heard metal described that way before

lol i was gonna say the gh100l before but it lacked a dedicated clean channel that most people want in a metal amp, probably should had mentioned before
Some kind of Splawn probably.
Also isn't the Soldano SLO British voiced, or am I just making things up?
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Some kind of Splawn probably.
Also isn't the Soldano SLO British voiced, or am I just making things up?

It's got 6L6 tubes but it's then again it's pretty much a hotrodded 800 in there. it's more of its own really.

Splawn Nitro, Quick Rod are also very awesome amplifiers.

Do emphasis on which type of metal please, and why british voicing? do you like your mids raunchy
Honestly I could care less about the percieved "Marshall stigma", they're beautiful, loud, sound great, and get you girls.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden