I've heard that Ibanez lawsuit LPs are incredible, but I've never tried one, so I can't comment on it properly.
They're lawsuit Les Pauls for a reason. They were good enough to hurt Gibson's business, so Gibson had them removed as an issue.

They're good guitars.
i heard that those are realy good i mean they were good enough to get sued over it
but if you dont get it i might
The lawsuit was over the headstock design which used Gibson's "open book" patented headstock not because the guitars were as good as the original. Tokai made far better LPs than this around that time. You'll note these guitars have a bolt-on neck and while they look good enough they're not nearly as good as some other Japanese LP copies.
Moving on.....
I have an actual lawsuit les paul with the open book headstock, I will say it is the best les paul I have ever played. There is no other les paul that I have played that even comes close to the tone and feel of it.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
What did you pay for it? And this is actually a post lawsuit guitar judging by the headstock, he's just trying to squeeze more money out of it calling it a lawsuit. I'm sure it's still a quality guitar though which is why I'm interested.
My friend has an Ibanez Les Paul from this era. I think it was a '78 though. Its a badass guitar to say the least.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
no price on the ad. PROHIBITED!!!

everyone breaks the rules on craislist. i emailed him to see what he's asking.

i haven't played them but can't see him wanting more than $200-250 for it honestly.

the bridge looks massive.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Those non-lawsuit, lawsuit LP's always show up on my local CL. The idiots behind the posts always want absurd amounts of money for them too.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
he wants $400, but didn't send me any better pics.

so i asked for more pics.

honestly i can't see paying more than $250 for it myself.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I paid $175 for mine. But that was also several years ago.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
They were going for around $200 CAD new in the late 70's. Weiner's Pawn shop in the Byward Market in downtown Ottawa, Ont. had dozens (new) hanging from his ceiling.
Moving on.....