Page 1 of 2
everyone who has ebay go right now and search for "ipod touch 32gb" and goto completed listings and sort by price highest first.

WTF. i was looking at what these things are going for because im looking to sell mine, and i have the same exact one as the first result, and it sold for ****ing 7000$+. i just pmed the seller asking if this was for real or not, it seems to be, there are like 14 bids going over thousands of dollars. then if you look at other entries, other ipods are going for hundreds and hundreds of dollars. is there some rarity or value spike for some reason i did not know about? anyone have any insight?if those posts are real and i can get alot for a damn ipod, happy new ****ing gear day to me and whoever else on here who has one i guess haha.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
It's a well known fact that whilst you can buy brand new Ipod touches for just a couple of hundred dollars, used Ipods actually become highly collectible once their warranties have expired and the built-in obsolescence looms.

$7000 is pretty fair.

I thought everybody knew this?
Quote by jmonko
I don't see it.

are you sure you put in exactly what i said? "ipod touch 32gb" > completed listings > price + highest first
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
anyone thinking what im thinking?

cool story bro.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by SgtSquiggles
It's a well known fact that whilst you can buy brand new Ipod touches for just a couple of hundred dollars, used Ipods actually become highly collectible once their warranties have expired and the built-in obsolescence looms.

$7000 is pretty fair.

I thought everybody knew this?

no trolling?

could you explain this a little more?
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by Linqua5150
no trolling?

0_o
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
^^ I know! I can't believe he doesn't know about this.

Quote by Linqua5150
no trolling?

You can find it all over google if you like.

New 32Gb Ipod touches don't cost much - I'm English so I don't know the price in US dollars. However, I assume it's around $400-500 or something.

The reliability of Ipod touches is notoriously poor.

Believe it or not, Ipod touches which still actually work after the guarantee has expired are so rare that they command huge sums of money. If you own any ipod which has gone past the expiration date on it's warranty and still plays music then you're sitting on a goldmine. They're only about 1 in 100,000 units.

Rumour has it that Apple built these units to special specifications, simply to push the demand so high when news leaked out that they exist.

They use the hype to make people pay extortionate amounts for the Ipad etc. Lots of people have bought one hoping that there are unique Ipads as well.
Last edited by SgtSquiggles at Jul 31, 2010,
i found it, i can't explain it. maybe someone typed in the wrong amount in their bid and was dumb enough to just pay it without trying to get out of paying that much? weird
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Quote by SgtSquiggles

New 32Gb Ipod touches don't cost much - I'm English so I don't know the price in US dollars. However, I assume it's around $400-500 or something.

Believe it or not, Ipod touches which still actually work after the guarantee has expired are so rare that they command huge sums of money. If you own any ipod which has gone past the expiration date on it's warranty and still plays music then you're sitting on a goldmine. They're only about 1 in 100,000 units.

Rumour has it that Apple built these units to special specifications, simply to push the demand so high when news leaked out that they exist.

They use the hype to make people pay extortionate amounts for the Ipad etc. Lots of people have bought one hoping that there are unique Ipads as well.

Still doesn't make any sense. Just because is works after warranty? who gives a crap? I have never heard of that in my life.
Angus = god
Quote by SgtSquiggles

if this is true, i have this ipod for like 2 years and its practically in brand new condition, ie, i take good care of my shit. omg if i could sell this thing for that much.. lots of gear for me!!!!
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by Linqua5150
if this is true, i have this ipod for like 2 years and its practically in brand new condition, ie, i take good care of my shit. omg if i could sell this thing for that much.. lots of gear for me!!!!

You've had yours for two years and it still works?

Holy shit I've never even heard of that before. In all of the apple forums we didn't even think that was possible. Are you sure yours is two years? You must be mistaken.

The guarantee expires after one year. The examples like you've seen on ebay are all just over a year old.

I can't even imagine what yours must be worth.
people are dumb for paying that much for something so bad...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I looked up the price for the original KOTOR earlier and that bitch was $194.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by SgtSquiggles

Holy shit I've never even heard of that before. In all of the apple forums we didn't even think that was possible. Are you sure yours is two years? You must be mistaken.

The guarantee expires after one year. The examples like you've seen on ebay are all just over a year old.

actually now that i think about it its not quite two years, but almost. i bought it around Christmas last year, so about a year and 7 or 8 months. actually i think the day i bought it was like new years day or jan 2nd or something
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by SgtSquiggles

You serious? My cousin has one from 2007 and it still works.
Quote by Linqua5150
actually now that i think about it its not quite two years, but almost. i bought it around Christmas last year, so about a year and 7 or 8 months. actually i think the day i bought it was like new years day or jan 2nd or something

You should take out an insurance policy for it, in case someone steals your investment.
Quote by captaincrunk
I have a copy right her from 2002! It must be worth as much as the shroud of turin!

Find the right star wars geek and you'll probably be able to sell it for more.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by SgtSquiggles

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I just got my 32gb iPod Touch like a month ago. I hope mine works in two years.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
Quote by darkcheef
You serious? My cousin has one from 2007 and it still works.

Are you kidding me? How lucky are you guys!?

Finding a working Ipod touch is just about the holy grail for Apple collectors.

All of you who have one, get yourselves over to one of the apple forums around and ask for advice on how so sell your item. I'd advise you to choose one of the bigger forums, since the more Apple fans who see your advert the better.

They'll go like hot cakes.

http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=221

Post it in here. Maximum exposure. Tell you what though. Have a look through all of the threads on the link. Something in common? They're all faulty.
Last edited by SgtSquiggles at Jul 31, 2010,
Quote by SgtSquiggles
Are you kidding me? How lucky are you guys!?

Finding a working Ipod touch is just about the holy grail for Apple collectors.

All of you who have one, get yourselves over to one of the apple forums around and ask for advice on how so sell your item. I'd advise you to choose one of the bigger forums, since the more Apple fans who see your advert the better.

They'll go like hot cakes.

http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=221

Post it in here. Maximum exposure.

I call shenanigans on all of this.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda
I call shenanigans on all of this.

So do most people.

It is extremely rare to find such models. I can't believe 3 people in this thread have them. I guess this is just such a big site that plenty of people have seen the thread. Very few people know about the models and even fewer know how much they're worth.
Quote by SgtSquiggles
So do most people.

It is extremely rare to find such models. I can't believe 3 people in this thread have them. I guess this is just such a big site that plenty of people have seen the thread. Very few people know about the models and even fewer know how much they're worth.

i too am very skeptical of this. can you provide us any link to your apple forum about the rarity/prices of this? if not, i say shenanigans.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
I've had my first gen, which I got for free, for almost 3 years...

...IMMA BE RICH

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Linqua5150
i too am very skeptical of this. can you provide us any link to your apple forum about the rarity/prices of this? if not, i say shenanigans.

The only people who can read those posts are on apple's payroll man. I could get you screencaps tomorrow though.
I've had this 30GB video since Christmas 2006. Still works as long as you keep it out of the heat. Does that mean I can buy a new car?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
I've had this 30GB video since Christmas 2006. Still works as long as you keep it out of the heat. Does that mean I can buy a new car?

2006? And you think you could get a new car?

Do they make cars that expensive?
Quote by captaincrunk
2006? And you think you could get a new car?

Do they make cars that expensive?

LOL!!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Did you know that If you search "Cool face" on eBay, there are cool faces for sale for like $9000?

return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Page 1 of 2