ok, this doesnt really directly have to do with gear, but i thought alot of you might find this really really interesting, especially those looking for new gear funds like myself. also, i posted it in the pit and of course there are little proper replies. i hope this doesnt get closed, but sorry if this really shouldnt be here.

everyone who has ebay go right now and search for "ipod touch 32gb" and goto completed listings and sort by price highest first.

WTF. i was looking at what these things are going for because im looking to sell mine, and i have the same exact one as the first result, and it sold for ****ing 7000$+. i just pmed the seller asking if this was for real or not, it seems to be, there are like 14 bids going over thousands of dollars. then if you look at other entries, other ipods are going for hundreds and hundreds of dollars. is there some rarity or value spike for some reason i did not know about? anyone have any insight?if those posts are real and i can get alot for a damn ipod, happy new ****ing gear day to me and whoever else on here who has one i guess haha.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
dont you get it? not everyone is loaded, and everyone likes gear right? anyone who has an ipod touch could potentially get alot of money out of it on ebay and then people like me and CL/\SH can get avatar cabs! i have to spread word of something like this
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
I searched what you said to search. The highest priced one is about $650.
look at the top result. the next one down that is actually a single ipod(the others in my screenshot are lots of many ipods all broken), sold for $688.57

EDIT: hold on im having an issue with the attachment
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Jul 31, 2010,
I don't know why you haven't just linked it yet.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Apple-iPod-touch-2nd-Generation-32-GB-AS-IS-/260637945467?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Other_MP3_Players&hash=item3caf3b6e7b

Also it seems fake to me, if you look at the bidding history, It looks like alot of the same bidders, outbidding themselves...or in other words, a fake account owned by the seller outbidding the real bidders in order to boost the sell price.
Also after digging a little deeper, I can pretty much prove its fake

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260600257078 <---Exact same ipod as the previous link being sold again and only selling for $231 and if you check the sellers feedback you'll see that he received negative feedback for this Item. (Notice the Dents in the corners are the same as the $7000 auction)

So please stop posting like you've discovered a fool proof way to win the lottery. At least not until you've done your research.
i didnt know if linking would work since i guess some people are having trouble viewing all the results for some reason. but sorry if it shouldnt be here i just thought it could be a good opportunity for those of us with ipods sitting around to get some new gear you know?
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
People are stupid but not that stupid. NOBODY would buy an iPod touch off of eBay for thousands of dollars, when you can get them at reliable retail stores like best buy for a couple hundred... Unless it was pure ****ing gold!
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Let's bring a mod to find out
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
Quote by GibsonMan321
People are stupid but not that stupid. NOBODY would buy an iPod touch off of eBay for thousands of dollars, when you can get them at reliable retail stores like best buy for a couple hundred... Unless it was pure ****ing gold!

The one I saw for $650 was 24 carat gold.
Quote by TomG10-7
TS, Im sorry, but you're a dumbass.

im sorry, but youre just an asshole, that couldve been anyones mistake. i didnt say OMG FREE MONEY!!! i said potentially exciting news, because i thought i could sell an ipod for 100-150 dollars, youd be excited too if it looked like you could sell something for alot more than you thought, especially if you have alot of GAS. i posted asking if anyone had insight, i was of course skeptical form the beginning it was definitely too good to be true, but hey what do i know about ipods? i havent used mine or followed the scene for like a year at least. for all i know there couldve been a production run that was different and rare therefore worth more. i assumed the 7000 dollar one was fake, but the other ones seemed more believable at least.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by Linqua5150
im sorry, but youre just an asshole, that couldve been anyones mistake. i didnt say OMG FREE MONEY!!! i said potentially exciting news, because i thought i could sell an ipod for 100-150 dollars, youd be excited too if it looked like you could sell something for alot more than you thought, especially if you have alot of GAS. i posted asking if anyone had insight, i was of course skeptical form the beginning it was definitely too good to be true, but hey what do i know about ipods? i havent used mine or followed the scene for like a year at least. for all i know there couldve been a production run that was different and rare therefore worth more. i assumed the 7000 dollar one was fake, but the other ones seemed more believable at least.

Calm down dude, Okay, you can sell an iPod for a bit of cash, cool. But if we had a thread for every time this happens? And you can't expect to sell an iPod for 7000/
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Quote by TomG10-7
Calm down dude, Okay, you can sell an iPod for a bit of cash, cool. But if we had a thread for every time this happens? And you can't expect to sell an iPod for 7000/

i never really expected to, and the only reason that was so lengthy was well, you know how people like to flame and stuff in forums lol flameshield
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by Linqua5150

dude.

I appreciate your feedback in the 6L6 vs EL34 thread but it is now obvious that you are a Troll.

Your value adds nothing to Guitar, Gear or Accessories.

Sorry

*reported again*
i declare this a thread fail.
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
dude.

I appreciate your feedback in the 6L6 vs EL34 thread but it is now obvious that you are a Troll.

Your value adds nothing to Guitar, Gear or Accessories.

Sorry

*reported again*

im not a troll....

just close/delete the thread mods...
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
your value adds nothing to Guitar, Gear or Accessories.

This
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa