I know there is a ND thread, but everyone needs to read this.

For any Americanoes out there, Skins is like a British version of The Hills, but dramatized.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=2311677&blogId=537231242

from the horse's mouth.

I understand all this 'we do everything how we want to do it' shit, but still PR suicide.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
They appeared on tv a few times... So its not exactly alien to them. Skins is complete shit though. I dont mind really as long as they dont try to act and keep producing good albums. I can only imagine how cringeworthy it will be, but ND have always been a bit weird anyway.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I don't know what to make of this.

It's just odd.

Like really fucking odd...
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Fuck sake, I fired off a wee e-mail to try and see if I could get to go there but it's already been filmed apparently.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I'm waiting for the inevitable "WTF?" and complaints from the shows audience, can't imagine many of those pretentious indie types liking something like that on their show...
Quote by logboy
I'm waiting for the inevitable "WTF?" and complaints from the shows audience, can't imagine many of those pretentious indie types liking something like that on their show...

Funnily enough, given ND's political stance, its EXACTLY what Id expect to see those lads and lasses wearing after the show. Red jeans, 'Scum' tshirt, second hand cardigan. I can see it now. They will embrace it, wait and see.

EDIT: Maybe it means Napalm can start appearing on other shows. A countdown special perhaps?
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Last edited by Stranglehold at Jul 31, 2010,
I heard about this a week or so ago. I know of someone who got a 'part' in it.

I see no harm in it.

In other TV and Metal connections, Anyone notice the big Mayhem poster in the common room on The Inbetweeners?
Quote by soccermom
I know there is a ND thread, but everyone needs to read this.

For any Americanoes out there, Skins is like a British version of The Hills, but dramatized.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=2311677&blogId=537231242

from the horse's mouth.

I understand all this 'we do everything how we want to do it' shit, but still PR suicide.

How the **** is it even remotely similar to The Hills?
Aye, that's been mentioned a few times around here. No one I know outside the metal world has even noticed it though, this is a bit different.

Fair enough Mistress going on Buzzcocks, Carcass on Red Dwarf etc. but this is a bit different.

Skins FFS.

Wonder how much of a part Century Media had to play in this? I highly doubt Shane Embury saw an episode and though "Yeah, this is the shit we should be encouraging".
Quote by ChemicalFire
Last edited by eazy-c at Jul 31, 2010,
The thing i hate about that show is, it plays up on the idea that what it shows is the stereotypical teenagers life, when in fact The Inbetweeners is a little bit closer.

That poster in The Inbetweeners caught my attention, although i get the feeling they just went to a shop and bought a load of different music posters without thinking. One that got me was the Ulver poster on The Soprano's in AJ's room among all the Korn and Slipknot posters.
Quote by eazy-c
Aye, that's been mentioned a few times around here. No one I know outside the metal world has even noticed it though, this is a bit different.

Fair enough Mistress going on Buzzcocks, Carcass on Red Dwarf etc. but this is a bit different.

Skins FFS.

Wonder how much of a part Century Media had to play in this? I hardly doubt Shane Embury saw an episode and though "Yeah, this is the shit we should be encouraging".

Century Media wouldn't be big enough to liaise with producers the same way that, say, Warner Bros. would be. Although I wish they wouldn't lie and say 'Yeah the story ties in with our last album'. Horseshit! Its for a big paycheck to pay the mortgage or whatever. I highly doubt their last album had any songs relating to teen relationships, and its not very likely that ND would purposefully choose Skins to convey their message.

Im cringing already at the thought of a Napalm Death gig in that show...I can picture it now and its not pretty.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Hopefully Barney punched someone.

Or one of the ND fans did.
Quote by ChemicalFire