Hey again,

This is another prog metal song I've been working on with my band, the Crab People.
It's totally OTT, but we kinda knew it was going to happen eventually, so we thought we may as well get it over and done with

At almost 10 minutes long, its by far the longest song we've ever written.

I'm happy with all the parts, but the transitions are a bit dodgy and it's a bit all over the place I'll admit.

I've vainly tried to split it up into a few vague sections, just to make it slightly easier.

Any crits would be most appreciated, I've always found feedback on here to be helpful in the past.

Cheers in advance

P.S: Bars 238 onwards is a cover, a splice of a tribute and a sort of personal joke; some of you may recognise it. We would possibly play it on the end live, but not if we ever get round to recording it.
Attachments:
newriffex.gp5
Works well -- quite simple by my personal tastes but I'm a loser for everything being hard to listen to. The ongoing riff 'til measure 19 actually does work quite well, which is odd as looking at it, you'd think it'd get boring. Perhaps the riff following it, similar style but higher pitched, is a little TOO similar, and then to go back to the first one is.. hmm, not as good an idea.

I'd also weird up the timings of the riffs from 52 to 59 a little, they're a little too conventional. At least I think so. Breakdown/beatdown/whatever that is afterwards I'm not keen on, but again, each to his own Seems to go off a little in direction from that point too into the realms of everything being low Eb. Hmm.

Use a sidestick (37) on the drums where those sticks (31) are after the solo section

Bass solo riff is really nice.

Final Cut -- sounds a lot like a Coheed and Cambria part, and.. name. Yeah. In fact, this basically IS the Coheed riff from The Final Cut.

..and that's where I stopped. Not bad, not my cup, but, better than a lot of what I see here
i like it dude, its awesome, well done
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Quote by LessThanLuke

Final Cut -- sounds a lot like a Coheed and Cambria part, and.. name. Yeah. In fact, this basically IS the Coheed riff from The Final Cut.

It's kind of an in-joke between me and the guitarist as I said. For some reason we've always wanted to reprise it :shrugs:

I know it is a bit simple compared to most other music of it's type, but we are only 15, 16 and 17, so we are still working on it.

Cheers for the crit, I'll take your advice into account, and crit your piece asap

^Cheers to you as well Richy
Last edited by benonbass1 at Jul 31, 2010,