Aight, so I've searched a bit around the forums to see if someone else asked this (and to try to avoid myself having to ask this :p), but nothing to find, so here we go;

I've got one guitar now. I love to change tunings, but I despise playing with floppy strings. I've now got my guitar strung with 11s and I have it in C-standard. I'm off to jam with some buds of mine, and they've got their guitar in Drop C with 9s because they have no problems playing with floppy strings. Now here's my question; Say I change my strings (I've got a pack of 10s) to 10s, put it in Drop C. Could I just.. keep the old strings a safe place, then use them again 'couple of days later to yet again put my guitar in C-standard? And if I were to save the strings, how should I contain them so they wont be destroyed? :p

Any help would be nice!
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
The problem is they'd be extremely bent and really hard to put back in. I've heard of people boiling them, but its not something I've tried. Honestly though, 11's are better for drop C then 10's
Quote by im_bored
The problem is they'd be extremely bent and really hard to put back in. I've heard of people boiling them, but its not something I've tried. Honestly though, 11's are better for drop C then 10's

Yeah, heard something about it myself, but never bothered doing it.
Putting them in Drop C, Im guessing they'll be rather floppy if I put them back in C-standard?
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
If they're in drop C, can't you just jam in C standard? It's what I'd do, saves messing around
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by pigeonmafia
If they're in drop C, can't you just jam in C standard? It's what I'd do, saves messing around

Fair point, but when jamming we also like to do covers, where some of them are in Drop C respectively, and playing Dropped songs in standard aint always easy. But oh well, I'll see what I'll do ^^
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

I don't understand why you want to change the strings out, but I understand you not liking floppy strings; I have .011-.052 on my Les Paul tuned to E standard lol.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by BabyWantABottle
Explain why you're contemplating changing the strings to 10's?

edit: is it just because they are?

Basically because I also want some strings I can use in C-standard, but due to being quite poor now, I dont have the money to buy new strings. And as I also explained; I despise floppy strings; Therefore, I was afraid of putting it in Drop C with the same strings due to the strings might get floppy when put back in C-standard. Thats why.
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

I still say go for playing in C standard: makes songs more fun, trying to play them in a different tuning
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M