Page 1 of 2
ok so ive finally decided to get rid of my line 6 spider III 75 watt

i put it on craigslist saying make an offer and ill take a look at trade too.

so about an hour after posting i get an email.

this guy wants to trade me a fullstack for my combo.

its just an ibanez toneblaster head with a legion sound 4x12 and an ibanez 4x12 but still its a full stack.

so if this is legitimate i would just trade it then sell it for around 400-500 but i dont really know what its worth.

let me know what you think
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
while waiting for feedback ive researched the fullstack its cheap as hell but i can still sell it for 3x more..

ibanez toneblaster head: $250
ibanez toneblaster 4x12 cab: $250
legion sound 4x12 cab: $200

total: $700: pretty big step up from a spider 112 haha
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
hmm id make sure you can try it all out before you buy it - i dont know about how much theyre meant to be priced but assuming its not hugely expensive i could believe that he wants to get rid of it just cause he thought 'oh a fullstack will be really cool' and then got it and realised he could never put the volume beyond 1
as far as trade value, his 1/2 stack is prolly worth around 300-500 dollars. which, in my opinion, is not worth the trouble to move it....anywhere. But others among us have different levels of desperation
Quote by kthxbi
hmm id make sure you can try it all out before you buy it - i dont know about how much theyre meant to be priced but assuming its not hugely expensive i could believe that he wants to get rid of it just cause he thought 'oh a fullstack will be really cool' and then got it and realised he could never put the volume beyond 1

good point!
Quote by kthxbi

but still why would he want to trade it for a line 6 spider combo like he said in the ad.

he could have easily got a bugera combo or something lol
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Quote by Karpet King
while waiting for feedback ive researched the fullstack its cheap as hell but i can still sell it for 3x more..

ibanez toneblaster head: $250
ibanez toneblaster 4x12 cab: $250
legion sound 4x12 cab: $200

total: $700: pretty big step up from a spider 112 haha

I wouldn't count my chickens before they're hatched if I were you.
His half stack could be absolutely thrashed and not worth a wood nickel, if you catch my drift.

Also, I doubt you'd be able to sell the components for the same price as they would be new.
Put yourself in their shoes--would you buy something used if you could buy it new for the same price?
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
The toneblaster is a terrible amp, please do not say it's a big step up from your spider, you will only have an oversized crappy amp
But you have to ask yourself, "Is it actually an upgrade?"
Or even, "Is it a big enough upgrade to justify the effort and the risk?"

I say do what you initially planned. Sell your spider for what you can get and buy a BETTER amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Sleaze Disease
I wouldn't count my chickens before they're hatched if I were you.
His half stack could be absolutely thrashed and not worth a wood nickel, if you catch my drift.

Also, I doubt you'd be able to sell the components for the same price as they would be new.
Put yourself in their shoes--would you buy something used if you could buy it new for the same price?

still whats worth more: a used line 6 spider 112
or
a crappy fullstack

and if i wanted to i can seperate the 2 cabs and the head and hopefully get around 300-400....i mean the spider new alone was 300..and im a poor high school kid without a job so i mean that extra like 200 bucks counts to just move the damn thing
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Quote by Cathbard
But you have to ask yourself, "Is it actually an upgrade?"
Or even, "Is it a big enough upgrade to justify the effort and the risk?"

I say do what you initially planned. Sell your spider for what you can get and buy a BETTER amp.

the spider isnt my primary amp i never use it.

i have a valveking head and a celestion 4x12 cab
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Quote by Sguit
The toneblaster is a terrible amp, please do not say it's a big step up from your spider, you will only have an over sized crappy amp

Which is what he already had. So he'd be going from one over sized, crappy amp, to a bigger, over sized crappy amp.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Sguit
The toneblaster is a terrible amp, please do not say it's a big step up from your spider, you will only have an oversized crappy amp

im trading for the sole purpose to make a profit reselling it..im not using it
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Quote by Koshman32
Which is what he already had. So he'd be going from one over sized, crappy amp, to a bigger, over sized crappy amp.

out of the frying pan into the turd
Can Everyone Please Note Right Now That Im Considering This Trade For The Purpose Of Reselling This Amp

The Question Is Whats Worth More Not What Sounds Better

That Fullstack Is 700 Bucks New

A Spider Is 300 New
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Quote by Karpet King
im trading for the sole purpose to make a profit reselling it..im not using it

It's not like the resale value of a tone blaster is really high, you might have trouble selling it
Quote by Karpet King
Can Everyone Please Note Right Now That Im Considering This Trade For The Purpose Of Reselling This Amp

A Spider Is 300 New

I say GO FOR IT, TS! It's not the destination, it's the journey.

If I were you, I would keep one of the cabs, and sell everything else.
Quote by charles_ebarb
I say GO FOR IT, TS! It's not the destination, it's the journey.

If I were you, I would keep one of the cabs, and sell everything else.

i dont want them...im gonna try selling it on craigslist for a while then ill revert to my local music store..even tho i regret it everytime i sell to them
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Quote by Karpet King

A Spider Is 300 New

and the full stack wont have much resell value either. Its a crap stack. I wouldnt buy it, even in your situation. i would sell your spider. and save money for a beter amp, its gonna be annoying to try to sell the cabs and the crappy ibanez head.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
I asked my local guys, what they would give me for my Marshall 1987x 50watt. Needless to say, I don't even BUY from them anymore.

But on the other hand, these guys are right, TS.. Just think of it this way, that other guy is trying to GIVE that fullstack to YOU for a $hit amp. What else has he tried to trade it for?????????

If the toneblaster stack is 700 new, and that seems REALLY cheap btw, I bet it's not worth 300 used. (I've seen these at the local pawnshop for $225.00 o.b.o) This kind of price throws up all kinds of red flags!!!

TS, heed the warnings of the red flags, bro. I really hate to say this but your L6 spider has a better chance of selling than that full stack. Bigger is not always better.
Last edited by charles_ebarb at Jul 31, 2010,
In my area Spider combos generally go from about $150-200 on CL, while I've seen the Toneblaster (only one cab mind you) go from $300-400.

I do agree about resale value and supply and demand though. I'm actually trying to sell 2 pedals on ebay with no bites...
Quote by charles_ebarb
I asked my local guys, what they would give me for my Marshall 1987x 50watt. Needless to say, I don't even BUY from them anymore.

yeah i was desperate for a wah last week and had no money and they gave me 130 bucks in credit for an ibanez sr405 and an ibanez gsr200....i could have sold them on CL for like 400 bucks but wasnt patient and was lazy..im still pissed off lol
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Quote by LaGrange
and the full stack wont have much resell value either. Its a crap stack. I wouldnt buy it, even in your situation. i would sell your spider. and save money for a beter amp, its gonna be annoying to try to sell the cabs and the crappy ibanez head.

omg is no one even listening to the TS?

TS, you can easily sell that stack to some idiot (or at least sell the stack individually, e.g. Post an ad for the head and each cab seperately) for more than your spider. It's underhanded but money is money and it sounds like you need money.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH

TS, you can easily sell that stack to some idiot (or at least sell the stack individually, e.g. Post an ad for the head and each cab seperately) for more than your spider. It's underhanded but money is money and it sounds like you need money.

everyones listening. everyones saying that if he could sell it then he might get a bit more but its very unlikely to be easy to sell so he should sell his spider iii to some idiot instead of trading it to an idiot in exchange for an idiotic amp
Quote by CL/\SH

I'm listening, but with the state of the economy and such, he'd graduate HS before he sells that fullstack. I hope he does better than I think, but man, it's a tough item to move, that toneblaster.
Quote by CL/\SH

thank you i thought i was speaking chinese or something..im trying to get out that its worth more

but hey what can i expect UGers are brainwashed nazis that when ever they see the word spider they immediately insult you and dregrade you as a human
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
When i first started out playing guitar and had no clue about gear and i was offered a fullstack for 300 bucks i would probably shit my pants...i mean i didnt really no about tone i just thought omg a full stack im gonna be a guitar legend for 300 bucks
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Quote by charles_ebarb
I'm listening, but with the state of the economy and such, he'd graduate HS before he sells that fullstack. I hope he does better than I think, but man, it's a tough item to move, that toneblaster.

this is true, but I'm certain if he sells it for low enough a price someone will go OMG HAFSTAK AT HAF PRISE! and pick it up simply because it's way cheaper than the average stack, and even then TS would make more moneh than if he were to sell just the spider alone.

And no prob KK
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Karpet King
When i first started out playing guitar and had no clue about gear and i was offered a fullstack for 300 bucks i would probably shit my pants...i mean i didnt really no about tone i just thought omg a full stack im gonna be a guitar legend for 300 bucks

If you do decide to try and pull a "smoothie" to get a bit more cash in your pocket, just make sure you sell to a guy like that, ok!
http://charleston.craigslist.org/msg/1802758539.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/msg/1823585013.html

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/msg/1859286504.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/msg/1865370375.html

http://wichita.craigslist.org/msg/1826513199.html

those are the first pages that come up when I searched "ibanez toneblaster 100h craigslist"

average price is 400 bucks and that without the extra 250 dollar cab hes including i dont get y u guys dont feel what im trying to do
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Quote by charles_ebarb

If you do decide to try and pull a "smoothie" to get a bit more cash in your pocket, just make sure you sell to a guy like that, ok!

TS isn't putting a gun to their head, I don't see the problem? If a potential buyer wants to pay what he's asking then let him, it's their responsibility to know the value of what they're buying. We can argue ethics, but when you boil amps down to their core component value we're getting screwed every single day by manufacturers. If someone sells an empty tin of beans on Ebay for $10,000 he's a hero, if someone tries to sell a subpar amp for a small profit he's unethical?
Quote by AxSilentxLine
TS isn't putting a gun to their head, I don't see the problem? If a potential buyer wants to pay what he's asking then let him, it's their responsibility to know the value of what they're buying. We can argue ethics, but when you boil amps down to their core component value we're getting screwed every single day by manufacturers. If someone sells an empty tin of beans on Ebay for $10,000 he's a hero, if someone tries to sell a subpar amp for a small profit he's unethical?

Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Okay TS, I'm listening to you now. If you think you can turn a profit doing it I say go for it. Those pieces of crap have to be good for something and maybe you've found what that is - scamming money off fools who don't know better. I guess that's what Line6 are doing on a daily basis, you may as well get in on the scam too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Okay TS, I'm listening to you now. If you think you can turn a profit doing it I say go for it. Those pieces of crap have to be good for something and maybe you've found what that is - scamming money off fools who don't know better. I guess that's what Line6 are doing on a daily basis, you may as well get in on the scam too.

im not out to get anyone..look at what everyone else is selling them for...i mean they must be selling if that is what everyone has them for...and i dont get why everyone is saying sell it and save for a better amp:

1. i already have a pretty good amp rig(sig)

2. the money i get for selling the spider will get me a decent set of tubes for my amp i own already and not even close to a new amp

3. i can sell the shit stack and get a mim strat that ive been gasing for

4. if i can get away with turning a used spider into a new mim strat i think i deserve some respect
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Last edited by Karpet King at Jul 31, 2010,
By scam I simply mean selling stuff for good money that isn't worth shit. Passing on a Spider to anybody for more than fitty cents is a scam.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
By scam I simply mean selling stuff for good money that isn't worth shit. Passing on a Spider to anybody for more than fitty cents is a scam.

correct.

hey, if he was smart he would at least sell it to guitar center and get a 5 watt tube combo since "hes moving to an apartment"

but he directly asked for a spider..he came to me...i mean i didnt bribe him into thinking the spider is awesome...look at what he says in his ad

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/1847812122.html
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
btw i wouldnt want to be in that building when someone is gigging with that stack lol
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Page 1 of 2