Hi all,

just something I've been wondering, since both are in a similar price range, which of these two would be the better?

Celestion Seventy 80 vs. Bugera Vintage Speakers (those that are found in the 4x12 cab and the combos).

Both are made in China, so I don't think it's clear cut like comparing to V30s

Opinions?
------------------------------------
Ibanez EGEN
ESP LTD F-400FM
'87 Jap Strat
Ovation : Celebrity

Boss GT-10

Blackstar Series One 200
celestion seventy 80>Bugera Vintage

Tommy Iommi uses them and i happen to own his cab with 4 of them
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Laney TI cabs may have seventy 80's but do you really think Iommi would use budget Celestions in his own rig? He'd have cones made with the tears of fifty virgins.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
ur probably right but for what im using them for they serve a good purpose...they tighten up the bottom end on my valveking tone
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Well I'd have to agree with you anyhoo. I'd rather budget Celestions than budget Behringers any day.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I have a seventy 80 in my Randall combo and I quite like it.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i really dont think my stock bugera speaker is that bad. i wouldnt pay aftermarket for it, but for something that came with my amp, i cant complain (especially for the price of the amp)
vintage 30s are made in china.

i haven't tried the bugeras, but the 70/80s are fairly mediocre. and by that i mean pretty poor. that's not to say the bugera ones aren't even worse, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?