So I'm going to buy a Standard Strat soon and personally I think maple looks better but would it affect the playability or tone at all or is it all aesthetics?
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
I've tried a bunch of different necks, and there are subtle differences in how they feel, but not enough that I would gravitate towards a specific neck.
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Oh, and your tongue is on fire.
Quote by slashe50
I've tried a bunch of different necks, and there are subtle differences in how they feel, but not enough that I would gravitate towards a specific neck.

then maple it is i guess
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
I don't find it affects the tone as much as the playability....maple is an easier playing guitar
The difference between a Strats maple and rosewood isn't all that large of a difference. You may hear a slight difference but someone who dosen't play wont. They will think they sound the same.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
There is a subtle difference in fingerboard sound, which is that you're referring to. Rosewood and maple (the two choices you'll have in a Fender) will give you two fairly different tones. Rosewood is a bit of a darker tone, while maple is the opposite, bringing out the brightness of the pups and string tone.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Well, it istn't just asthetics... The wood and the finish are pretty important for the feeling and sounding of the guitar, but I think much more important is the way the neck is connected to the Body. Glued Necks have a bit more sustain, but screwed ones bring a better attack-feeling... That are the experiences I made
Quote by RedRevolver
I don't find it affects the tone as much as the playability....maple is an easier playing guitar

This.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Quote by diceksox1809
The difference between a Strats maple and rosewood isn't all that large of a difference. You may hear a slight difference but someone who dosen't play wont. They will think they sound the same.

I don't about you but I play for myself
with rosewood it sort of blends the notes of a chord together so you hear the chord, but when you play maple you hear the chord but you also hear each note individually. maple to me sounds better and is more fun to play on. it also looks amazing! go maple!
There is an important distinction that needs to be made here. The neck effects the tone a lot, especially on a bolt-on guitar. However, the fretboard doesn't effect the tone even half as much as the neck stock does and it is the fretboard that the OP is talking about.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
even if we are talking about fretboard, then yes it affects tone. not a lot, but i find maple is a tad brighter, but not always really, really noticable.

i do however think that the fretboard has a fairly big difference on playability. i typically dont like maple boards. i like the unfinished feel of rosewood, and a cheap maple board can sometimes feel sticky. not always the case, but ive noticed it enough that it is worth mentioning. a lot of people really like maple for fretbards and more power to them. so try both out, but dont just go with aesthetics.
The following statement is true.
Quote by RedRevolver

The preceding statement is false.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Maple should be sticky because of the finish while rosewood tends to be faster if you can call it that way because it's oily.

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
being a part of the guitar, it affects the tone like every other part. including the player. though to most players the neck wood to them would be neglibable. but in my prefrence in necks are ash. dont ask i just like ash better
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
It makes a subtle difference to sound so I wouldn't veer towards a guitar just because it's neck wood type - well, unless it's one of those cheap, crappy woods. As far as maple is concerned, I feel that it gives more of a bright sounding tone.
Gear:

Squier Tele Custom ii (p90 version)

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S