From what i understand you're probably not going to see a lot of LACS guitars from the members here, Ibanez only makes custom models for people they endorse. or that's the way it is now at least.
A lot of LACS guitars have found their way onto the used market. I know there's one member here who has a few.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I really like Rob Balducci's Purpleburst and Greenbust guitars. I can't find any good pics though.
Just a note guys, these aren't LACS guitars, they're 90's USA Customs, which contrary to the name aren't actually custom made, they're just RG7**'s with unique paintjobs.
I personally really am not a fan of the finish/paintjobs on the USA customs, very tacky to me. But whatever gets other people off.

Thats Tosin Abasi's LACS 7 string, pretty much one of the coolest ibanez guitars ive seen.
I don't understand why a USA custom Ibanez would be desirable, when Ibanez is a Japan based company. I think it'd make most sense for a lines best guitar to come from the homeland.

Like, I wouldn't want an MIA ESP Custom. It'd just feel wrong.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I don't understand why a USA custom Ibanez would be desirable, when Ibanez is a Japan based company. I think it'd make most sense for a lines best guitar to come from the homeland.

Other than the fact that they're excellent guitars and different from any Japanese Ibanez offered at the time, most people seem to love things that are made in their own country, so there's the appeal of buying a US made (well, US assembled) guitar for American guitarists.
Quote by Offworld92

I completely agree. It's just that the Ibanez custom shop is only available for the Japanese market. If you want a custom Ibanez, the US custom shops are the only way to get it. A lot of Japanese companies keep their best stuff for the homeland. ESP does it. Then they have a lot of high-end companies that are only available in Japan such as Caparison and Killer.
But there are no Custom Shop Ibanez available to the public. Only endorsees get customs, the USA Customs arent actually customs, its just a name.

I think a lot of Americans wouldn’t want to order a custom guitar from luthiers who don’t speak English and live across an ocean. It’s really kind of a recipe for disaster. And LA was the city the rock music world revolved around for the 80s and very early 90s, so even if the shop lost money producing guitars, it was still a winner from a marketing standpoint.

But there are no Custom Shop Ibanez available to the public. Only endorsees get customs, the USA Customs arent actually customs, its just a name.

That is the case now. It was not always like this.
Quote by jpnyc
That is the case now. It was not always like this.

Yes, it was. There have never been any custom Ibanez available to the public. There was the H&S Shop in Bensalem, but they were never actually a proper custom shop. You could choose from a few options but it was never custom, they just assembled necks and bodies built in Japan and shipped to the shop.
Quote by littlephil
Yes, it was. There have never been any custom Ibanez available to the public. There was the H&S Shop in Bensalem, but they were never actually a proper custom shop. You could choose from a few options but it was never custom, they just assembled necks and bodies built in Japan and shipped to the shop.

I stand corrected.
Quote by littlephil
And I further reinforce the fact that I am a total Ibanez nerd

you`ve got the untold story book haven`t you? lol
Damn someone should make such a book, I'd buy it! ...twice! :p
Orange Enthousiast.
I <3 Ibanez. They can have my monies if I get a book.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Offworld92

Some of those ESP USA Customs were damn sexy though.

Quote by TTC
Damn someone should make such a book, I'd buy it! ...twice! :p

they did, the only one i could find was on the US amazon site for $165 used

it was 1st published in 2005

and to the guy above, what has your post of esp`s got to do with ibanez LACS totally irrelevant stop trolling
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by ibanezgod1973

it was 1st published in 2009

and to the guy above, what has your post of esp`s got to do with ibanez LACS totally irrelevant stop trolling

I was replying to that other guy's post and threw up a couple of pics just because? Hardly trolling...
Kind of related though, another Japanese company with a limited run of US made guitars... Whatever.
Quote by ibrahimasood
They look awesome!
what does LACS mean btw?

^This.

Los Angeles Custom Shop >_>?
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
One more. The clown on the right is USA custom, idk about the others.

I'm loving the 2nd and last guitar
I dont like USA customs aswell,just looks too tacky too me..eyeballs and skulls..meh!...and I have a divine love MIJ guitars..the japanese are so dedicated to what they do...

Quote by ibanezgod1973

it was 1st published in 2005

I want one aswell

@phil,how do you know these things,years of jemsiteness(or should I say rich-ness)?
Quote by archenemyfan
@phil,how do you know these things,years of jemsiteness(or should I say rich-ness)?

I dont know! I haven't been on Jemsite that long (I joined in 2008 but I hardly go there)
I just read stuff and remember it

Quote by SilverRock113
I'm loving the 2nd and last guitar

Thats a J-Custom, so's the 2nd one, they're JRG-Paints. Incredibly rare, theres only 21 of them IIRC. The outer 2 are USA Customs and the middle is a modded RG550. That body is also a USA Custom I think (No I cant tell all that just by looking, I know the guy who owns them Not personally, but still)