11 10%
15 14%
20 19%
12 11%
16 15%
25 23%
Voters: 107.
Poll coming up shortly...

Please pick a random number before reading, not that it will make much difference.

Often, you see a thread where you rate something from 1 - 10, and usually the most common numbers are 7 or 3 then 8 or 2, depending on what you're rating. In the thread on rate your life so far I think it went 7 8 3 2 in order of most common choice.

I'm wondering if there will be a similar trend in 1-7, expecting 4.9 or 2.1 to be the most common, then 5.6 and 1.4 (obviously in this poll that would come to 5/2, 6/1) or will there be a different pattern this time?

EDIT: 7 was chosen to see if what number you choose is because of where the number is in the scale, despite there being no meaning to the number or if it is just random.

to make this useful in another way, I've chosen 7 random albums and whichever comes top by the end of today I will try learn over the next few weeks.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Last edited by metallicafan616 at Jul 31, 2010,
What?
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I said chose before reading.

EDIT: that was to iwontwait

What are the albums? One of them better be rust in peace, and it better be number 2
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Quote by Speckled_Hen
What are the albums? One of them better be rust in peace, and it better be number 2

It's only out of albums I have the CD of at the moment, and not all of them. It shows how good my random sampling skills were that I ended up with:

1) King Diamond - Them
2) King Diamond - Abigail
3) Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
4) Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica
5) Ihsan - The Adversary
6) Necrophagist - Epitaph
7) King Diamond - The Eye

I do have quite alot of King Diamond CDs, so they were bound to come up once, but three times? Also, I was really hoping 6 wont win for obvious reasons

Quote by Echoplex
If I had known the list, I would have definitely picked 5 or 6.

I wanted it to be random, although I'm very very slowly learning Necrophagist - Epitaph anyway. Verryy...verrryyy slowwllly.

Quote by metallicafan616
I wanted it to be random, although I'm very very slowly learning Necrophagist - Epitaph anyway. Verryy...verrryyy slowwllly.

Yeah, it took me a few days just to learn the solo for "Diminished to B"
Quote by Echoplex
Yeah, it took me a few days just to learn the solo for "Diminished to B"

I have Stabwound down and the solo for Ignominious and Pale. I have most of Diminished to B and Epitaph down but for a while my fingers couldn't stretch for them at all. Hell, I still can't do the perfect 9ths from the first fret let alone minor 10ths from the second fret in Epitaph.