Hi,

Just wondering what everyone thinks of First act equipement. So far i only used they cables and guitar picks. They are the wal-Mart brand. They produce the electric guitars sold at wal-mart.

Those guitars are cheap but are they any good ? Would i be better bidding on another teisco on ebay ?
I'd go for ebay. My friend bought a walmart guitar and it broke within a month or two. Getting a decent starter strat or something for around 200 bucks or something will probably last you a couple years, and will probably sound alot better.
first act guitars are mostly crap. UNLESSS! you get one from a custom shop or are lucky to find one of their higher end models. kurt B from converge uses a first act, so does the dudes from cancer bats and baroness.
They are horrible. If that's your price range you can grab some pretty decent Squiers, especially late 90/early 00 Bullets
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
wow.

The ignorance on display in this thread makes me want to puke.

They are NOT a Wal-Mart brand. They get a really bad rap because they put entry level guitars for beginners in the biggest chain supermarket in the world.

They are a REAL guitar company in the US and make custom hand made guitars as well as normal production guitars.

First Act customs are on par with Gibson, Fender etc custom shop guitars and priced a little better.

If you get a production line guitar from them, you can expect good quality instruments on par with most other production line guitars, if not better quality.

First Act is played by a TON of people out there too.

Norma Jean and The Chariot are just a few bands who swear by First Act instruments.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
wow.

They are NOT a Wal-Mart brand. They get a really bad rap because they put entry level guitars for beginners in the biggest chain supermarket in the world.

They are a REAL guitar company in the US and make custom hand made guitars as well as normal production guitars.

First Act customs are on par with Gibson, Fender etc custom shop guitars and priced a little better.

If you get a production line guitar from them, you can expect good quality instruments on par with most other production line guitars, if not better quality.

Norma Jean and The Chariot are just a few bands who swear by First Act instruments.

Everything here is true.

But if you're getting a custom model, you better have a ton of money. Otherwise, you pretty much are stuck with their "walmart crap".

I might consider picking up one of those cheaper guitars only to make a project out of it, like make a fretless guitar or something.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Ya ive seen the guy from Mastodon playing one, as well as the guys from Baroness, their higher end stuff sounds pretty decent from what ive seen, and yes first time i found this out i did think it was a bit strange, and didnt know if it was a joke or truth.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
wow.

Mhmm.

Also, Matt Pike from Sleep/High on Fire plays First Act.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by Brendan.Clace
wow.

do you work for first act?
Quote by andrewjp123
do you work for first act?

haha nope. Just know more than the average person about them.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
i had the VW Garagemaster, that was a cool guitar. it had alnico pick ups and sounded great through a tube amp. hell, SLASH played one on a VW commercial.

also it had a built in preamp so you could play it through your car's (or any) mp3 player.

open the trunk for closed back cab tones lol.

i found it in a pawn shop, bag and all for $40. it was a decent playing instrument, sounded good. i wanted to take it with camping for campfire lulz.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What you find in Wal-Mart is pretty cheap. Their nicer stuff and custom shop stuff is nice from what I've herd.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i love sheenas, i'd go for ebay though bacause you won't find one in walmart
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
also the guitarist from Envy on the coast uses a custom model i believe
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
haha nope. Just know more than the average person about them.

lmao.

well i know first act has some pretty decent stuff, but since he mentioned that they are the walmart brand, i assumed he was getting a starter first act guitar...which are pretty bad.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
wow.

^ this and all of this. I would KILL for a custom from them.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--